Big 12 lunch links
September, 17, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
There were plenty of big plays in the Big 12 last weekend.
- Baylor is preparing for Louisiana-Monroe, who could be the Bears' toughest test thus far, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Iowa State should get its veteran center Tom Farniok back for Tulsa, writes Bobby Le Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Even though the Cyclones aren't off to a good start, don't expect any changes on the coaching staff during the season, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas quarterback Jake Heaps is off to a slow start but Charlie Weis isn't worried about the BYU transfer, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- A former walk-on could help Kansas State's running game, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma receiver Jaz Reynolds looks back on sitting out last season: "There were plenty of tough days." But Reynolds has returned to good standing in the Sooners' program, writes Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Oklahoma State will investigate claims made in Sports Illustrated's series on Cowboys football, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- "You can stop the rumors by winning," Texas coach Mack Brown says. Chuck Carlton has the story for the Dallas Morning News.
- TCU's offense is dealing with an identity crisis, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- A selfless attitude has helped spark Texas Tech's 3-0 start and it can be seen in the blocking by the Red Raiders' receivers, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- West Virginia is showing signs of having quality depth on its roster, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
Sooners Score ESPN 300 DE From VA
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State