Big Ten lunch links
September, 17, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
Bill Nye is a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars." Last night he danced the cha-cha to “Weird Science.” It was incredible and horrifying. And incredibly horrifying.
When does "Modern Family" come back?
When does "Modern Family" come back?
- Braxton Miller is probable for Ohio State's game against Florida A&M. On Saturday -- for the first time this season -- Ohio State might be able to have its full roster available on game day. A 2-year-old sent a recruiting inquiry letter to Urban Meyer ... and Meyer responded. Former QB Terrelle Pryor says he's not really accepted by Ohio State anymore.
- Indiana's football team faces its toughest defensive challenge yet. That defense is trying to build chemistry in order to support its hyper-explosive offense. Video of IU coach Kevin Wilson's Monday news conference. Also, videos from news conference with Indiana offensive coordinator Seth Littrell and defensive coordinator Doug Mallory.
- Michigan coach Brady Hoke called a Sunday practice for his Wolverines after they narrowly escaped Akron. Three things we learned this week, from Free Press writer Mark Snyder. Hoke says changing up the O-line isn't out of the question. Freshman tight end Jake Butt has played an important role so far this season.
- Minnesota athletic director Norwood Teague supports Jerry Kill 100 percent and here's video of that Teague news conference. Gophers were led by strong offensive line play in win over Western Illinois.
- The Washington Post's Cindy Boren takes a look at Pelini's statements from two years ago and what they mean today. Steven M. Sipple believes that Pelini's comments were made public by a "pathetic tipster with a grudge." And if you don't want to read/listen to the rant, here's a behind the scenes video about how Nebraska's alternate uniforms came to be.
- Expect things to get physical between Michigan State and Notre Dame, writes Matt Charboneau. Spartans WR Macgarrett Kings Jr. has a "Hawaii Five-O" mentality when playing the position. Michigan State knows it's starting QB, but who's the backup now? MSU defensive back Ezra Robinson was fined and sentenced to alcohol-safety classes.
- Nine Iowa players and coaches were robbed during the Iowa-Iowa State game. Ben Ross takes a closer look at a few of Iowa's key statistics. Video of Iowa's locker room celebration following the Iowa State win.
- Bob Flounder considers whether Penn State's practice method is the reason why they couldn't tackle UCF well. Penn State is having issues filling Beaver Stadium this season. Several people want Penn State's bad image to go away, writes The New York Times' Tim Rohan. A Pennsylvania Appeals Court begins hearing arguments for granting Jerry Sandusky a new trial.
- Illinois will use the bye week to practice fundamentals. Tom Deinhart makes his week 4 bowl picks and he sees Illinois playing Tulsa in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
- Purdue looked different against Notre Dame, Darrell Hazell likes where their minds are. A few of the lingering questions around Purdue football.
- Treyvon Green visited a local youth football team and gave a pep talk, pic here from NU athletic department. Video of Pat Fitzgerald's Monday news conference.
- Bret Bielema is cheering for Wisconsin, went "nuts" on the fake punt, but explains his wife's tweet. Pac-12 reprimands officials, but Gary Andersen just wants accountability because his team gets the "L" no matter what. Andersen and his team are just looking to move on from the ASU loss and into Big Ten play.
Meyer Depressed At Florida
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41