Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 24, 2013
By Austin Ward | ESPN.com
Don't recall Knope, NBC.
- Aside from getting healthy, Braxton Miller has also rediscovered his passion for the game and has had plenty to smile about recently for Ohio State.
- The Penn State defense has seen up close what Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde can do offensively for the Buckeyes, and its plan to spring an upset revolves around containing those rushers.
- Brady Hoke is much happier with Michigan's turnover margin since league play began, and he can thank quarterback Devin Gardner for altering the numbers with smarter play recently.
- Connor Cook's footwork graded out just fine from the ugly win last weekend over Purdue. So why did the Michigan State quarterback struggle with his accuracy?
- The loss of right guard Spencer Long will be a significant blow and could make it uncomfortable for a Nebraska team that has counted on him to make 33 consecutive starts, but it's emphasis on running the ball won't change.
- A foot injury for Rodrick Williams will likely give David Cobb the start in the Minnesota backfield for the second consecutive game, but the starter at quarterback remains undecided.
- Illinois can see what its defense is capable of when it breaks down film, but the frustration is growing with the lack of consistency.
- After losing the fewest starts to injury of any team in the Big Ten in 2012, Northwestern's been ravaged by injuries this season as it tries to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Iowa rehashed its loss to Northwestern last season plenty over the offseason. Its defensive struggles in that loss providing a learning opportunity and some motivation to improve.
- Has Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon done enough to warrant Heisman Trophy talk?
Braxton Miller, Ohio State Begin Spring Drills
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35