Big Ten lunchtime links
- Penn State's quarterback battle is drawing near its conclusion, though Bill O'Brien says it's still very even. True freshman tight end Adam Breneman will play this season.
- Wisconsin coaches are debating whether to use a pair of talented freshman linebackers now or redshirt them. Defense dominated a Badgers scrimmage, so much so that Gary Andersen called out the offense. Jim Delany was impressed by Wisconsin's updated facilities.
- Analyzing the competition at cornerback for Nebraska. Defensive lineman Avery Moss had his indecency case continued. Aaron Curry is focused on getting better in a heated defensive tackle competition.
- Shoulder surgery will likely end the career of Ohio State's Adam Griffin. The Buckeyes' defensive linemen don't act like freshmen. A closer look at freshman safety Vonn Bell.
- The pressure is on Michigan's defensive line to get more sacks. James Ross played on instinct last year but is striving for perfection this season at linebacker.
- Loren Tate tries to get at the root of the problem for Illinois football. Some Illini camp updates.
- Purdue's Jordan Roos likes to eat and could help the offensive line be more physical. Notes from the Boilers practice on Thursday. USA Today makes a camp stop in West Lafayette.
- Michigan State's Micajah Reynolds was instrumental in saving a shooting victim's life, police say. Andrew Maxwell continues to look like the Spartans' starting quarterback. MSU's receivers have played well so far in camp.
- Minnesota's Jon Christenson has given up social media and is concentrating on playing center. The Gophers feel good about their progress. The offense is ahead of the defense right now for Jerry Kill's team.
- Tyler Scott is now the veteran mainstay on the Northwestern defensive line. Ifeadi Odenigbo benefited from redshirting last year.
- A preview of Iowa's opening opponent, Northern Illinois. A Hawkeyes season preview.
- Linebacker Flo Hardin could be a key part of Indiana's defense (subscription required). The defensive line must improve for the Hoosiers to move forward.
Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Indiana Hoosiers, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Northwestern Wildcats, Purdue Boilermakers, Adam Breneman, Bill O'Brien, Andrew Maxwell, Jim Delany, Adam Griffin, Tyler Scott, Gary Andersen, Aaron Curry, Flo Hardin, Ifeadi Odenigbo, James Ross III, Jon Christenson, Jordan Roos
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Josh Moyer retweeted
- Josh Moyer retweeted
- Ben Jones retweeted
- Penn State retweeted
- ESPN BigTen retweeted