SEC lunchtime links
August, 5, 2013
By Michael DiRocco | ESPN.com
A little lunchtime reading from around the SEC:
- Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier isn't saying much about the Crimson Tide's quarterback situation beyond A.J. McCarron.
- Georgia running back Todd Gurley says he's just concerned with getting better.
- Georgia defensive back Connor Norman will again rescue the Bulldogs' secondary.
- Auburn's C.J. Uzomah is playing four different positions so far in camp.
- Florida running back Mack Brown says he's ready to fill in as the Gators' top tailback with the indefinite absence of Matt Jones because of a viral illness.
- Almost all of the LSU players reported for camp on Sunday. There were two notable exceptions.
- Mississippi State lost its top four pass catchers from 2012. Jameon Lewis and Taveze Calhoun are leading the pack as replacements.
- Ole Miss has lost receiver Vince Sanders for six weeks because of a broken collarbone. He was the Rebels' second-leading receiver last season.
- Tennessee is getting three key players back from injury this season: linebacker Curt Maggitt, defensive tackle Maurice Couch, and safety Brian Randolph.
- Things were a little lighthearted at Vanderbilt. The upperclassmen and freshmen had a sing-off battle with the school's fight song.
- Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel needs football in the worst way right now.
Drive Through: Playoff Fallout for Gamecocks
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU