- Garry Paskwietz, Publisher, WeAreSC.com
- 0 Shares
The Trojans released their first official depth chart on Sunday night for the season opener on September 5 against Arkansas State and here are some of the notable moves.
* The fact that three tight ends are listed as potential starters. Taylor McNamara has come on lately after transferring from Oklahoma but he hasn’t separated much from Connor Spears and the true freshman Tyler Petite.
* Chad Wheeler and Toa Lobendahn listed as potential starters at LT. This is primarily due to the health status of Wheeler, who was only cleared for full contact last week from his knee injury, and only recently returned from a concussion as well. If Wheeler can go, Lobendahn could end up the starter at RG since he was listed as a potential starter there along with Viane Talamaivao.
* Chris Hawkins (SS) and Leon McQuay (FS) as the starters at the two safety spots. Those two were battling at free safety until an injury in camp to John Plattenburg opened the door for Hawkins to slide over, and the line-up will stay that way for now.
* The players listed in italics will enter game week with injury or uncertain status. Lamar Dawson (ribs) is the only player with that designation still listed as a starter.
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster – DeQuan Hampton
TE: Taylor McNamara OR Connor Spears OR Tyler Petite
LT: Chad Wheeler OR Toa Lobendahn
RG: Toa Lobendahn OR Viane Talamaivao
DT: Greg Townsend, Jr. – Claude Pelon
MILB: Lamar Dawson – Cameron Smith
CB: Adoree' Jackson – Jonathan Lockett
FS: Leon McQuay – Marvell Tell
SS: Chris Hawkins – John Plattenburg OR Matt Lopes
PR: Adoree' Jackson – Steven Mitchell, Jr.
KR: Adoree' Jackson AND JuJu Smith-Schuster