Big 12 primer: Ready for some football?
August, 25, 2010
It's Big 12 day for ESPNDallas.com, so let's preview the upcoming season with a cavalcade of content for you to digest. So let's get rolling ...
* There was little doubt that Jerrod Johnson would follow in his father's shoes to Texas A&M. Even though his father has passed, Johnson is still following his advice. Click here for David Ubben's story on the A&M quarterback.
* Last season, Oklahoma's Landry Jones and Texas' Garrett Gilbert were thrown into impossible situations. Both quarterbacks emerged from their trial by fire stronger and more focused. Click here for Pat Forde's story.
* Tommy Tuberville ushers in a new era at Texas Tech.
* David Ubben provides five things to watch in the Big 12 in 2010. You can chat with David at 1 p.m. today.
* Tom Osborne has been the steady hand behind the wheel for Nebraska football for many years. But this offseason, Osborne and the Cornhuskers had to embrace a change to the Big Ten because change to the Big 12 already had compromised what it held dear. You can chat with Pat at 3 p.m. today.
Want to hear it straight from the players and coaches. Here are a few videos for your viewing pleasure:
* Oklahoma's Bob Stoops talks about facing a tough 2010 schedule with a roster at full strength.
* Texas' Mack Brown talks about replacing Colt McCoy and adapting a new offense to Garrett Gilbert.
* David Ubben talks to Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson about his Aggie upbringing.
* Baylor’s Art Briles and QB Robert Griffin III discuss Baylor's upcoming season for First Take.