Big 12 awards update: Week 12
Offensive Player of the Year
|Trey Fallon of ESPN Dallas is joined by Justin Wilmeth of O-State Illustrated to discuss Oklahoma State's dominant 60-point win over Texas Tech, Brandon Weeeden's emergence as the Heisman frontrunner and the upcoming game against Iowa State.
2. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor: RG3 came to the rescue with three long touchdowns (two passes, one run) to rescue Baylor against Kansas, throwing another TD in overtime. He still ranks No. 3 nationally in passer rating, behind only Case Keenum and Russell Wilson.
3. Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State: Klein nudged his way into the top three for the first time this season. He's seized the national lead with 26 rushing touchdowns and threw for a career-high 281 yards against Texas A&M. He's also got my new favorite nickname in the Big 12: The Billsnyder Kleinsdale.
Honorable mention: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Defensive Player of the Year
1. Frank Alexander, DE, Oklahoma: Alexander was off this week, and faces a tough task ahead in a powerful Baylor offense. He still leads the league with 13.5 tackles for loss and is second with 7.5 sacks.
2. Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M: Porter had a quiet game against Kansas State (six tackles) but he still leads the Big 12 with 8.5 sacks and is third in the Big 12 with 12 tackles for loss.
3. Ronnell Lewis, DE, Oklahoma: Lewis takes over Brown's spot at No. 3 in an off week while Brown remained relatively quiet against Texas A&M. Lewis is second in the Big 12 with 12.5 tackles for loss, behind only Alexander.
Honorable mention: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State; Jake Knott, LB, Iowa State; Nigel Malone, CB, Kansas State; Damontre Moore, LB, Texas A&M
Coach of the Year
1. Bill Snyder, Kansas State: Snyder's Wildcats got a huge 4OT win over Texas A&M, and enter Saturday's game quizzically as 9.5-point underdogs on the road to Texas. Par for the course for this team. They won't shock many by moving to 9-2 with a win over the Longhorns.
2. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State: Gundy and Snyder are both up for the national coach of the year, but OSU's season-defining game is still a few weeks away. In the meantime, the offense has seen no dropoff, and the defense has been better.
3. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma: Outside of the Tech loss, Oklahoma's been solid. After losses by Boise State and Stanford, Oklahoma has a very real chance to play for the national title if it beats Oklahoma State.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.