How does FSU stack up vs. the Big 12?
Oh, we all hear them. And when they happen, it's time to compare the prospective team to its possible future home.
We always do these for the Big 12, and I definitely always learn a thing or two. I hope you do, too.
Here's our history:
- Nebraska vs. the Big Ten
- Texas A&M vs. the SEC
- TCU vs. the Big 12
- Missouri vs. the Big Ten
- Missouri vs. the SEC
- West Virginia vs. the Big 12
- Florida State is 1-2 all-time vs. the Bears, but the last meeting was in 1974.
- Florida State is 1-1 all-time vs. the Cyclones.
- The Seminoles narrowly edged Seneca Wallace and ISU in the season opener in Kansas City, 38-31. FSU led 31-14 at half, but Wallace led ISU back to within 38-31 early in the fourth quarter.
- Florida State is 5-2 all-time vs. Kansas, but haven't met the Jayhawks since 1993.
- In that 1993 game, FSU tromped the Jayhawks, 47-0, on the way to its first national title.
- Florida State is 3-0 all-time against the Wildcats, but haven't met them since 1977. In Manhattan, that equates to the year 12 B.S. (Before Snyder).
- Florida State is an eye-popping 1-6 all-time vs. Oklahoma.
- The Sooners beat FSU 13-2 in the 2000 Orange Bowl to win the national title.
- Last year, Oklahoma marched into Tallahassee and won, 23-13, with ESPN's College Gameday in attendance.
- Florida State is 3-1 all-time vs. OSU, but haven't met the Cowboys since 1985.
- Florida State won that game, the 1985 Gator Bowl, 34-23.
- Texas and Florida State have never played. I blame Dan Beebe.
- Florida State is 1-2 all-time vs. TCU, but the two teams haven't met since waaaaay back in 1965. I was only eight years old that day, but I remember bits and pieces of the game. FSU won the season opener in Fort Worth, 7-3.
- Florida State is 4-1 all-time vs. Texas Tech.
- The two teams haven't met since 1987. FSU won that game, a season opener in Tallahassee, 40-16.
- Florida State is an impressive 3-0 vs. West Virginia.
- The two teams last met in 2009, and FSU beat the Mountaineers 33-21 in the Gator Bowl.
- The Seminoles and WVU were scheduled to meet in 2012, but WVU canceled the game to make room for a new nine-game conference schedule in the Big 12, instead of the seven-game conference schedule used in the Big East.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.