Big 12 did you know: Week 9
Let's get to it. Did you know ...
- Notre Dame is 7-0 for the first time since 2002. The only other true road game Notre Dame has played this season was at Michigan State on Sept. 15.
- Oklahoma hasn't hosted Notre Dame since 1966.
- No team has scored more than 17 points against Notre Dame this season.
- Notre Dame was -10 in turnover margin last year, the worst in FBS. This year, the Irish are +9 and rank 11th nationally.
- Bob Stoops has already faced off against Brian Kelly once, beating his Cincinnati team 52-26 in 2008.
- Oklahoma has carried the ball 28 times in goal-to-go situations, scoring 15 times. That's the third-best mark in the country.
- Notre Dame has allowed zero touchdowns on 13 carries in goal-to-go situations, the best mark in the country.
- In its last five games Notre Dame's defense has given up the same number of completions (3) on passes longer than 20 yards as it has nabbed interceptions (3). That's on 19 attempts.
- None of those attempts went for a score and the longest was 22 yards.
- Blake Bell has scored on 54 percent of his red zone carries since the beginning of 2011. That's the best of any player in FBS.
- Notre Dame (.733) and Oklahoma (.718) are 2nd and 4th respectively in all-time winning percentage and have a combined 15 national titles and 12 Heisman Trophies.
- Notre Dame was the first team to ever beat Stoops at Oklahoma.
- Kansas State converts 54 percent of its third downs, the sixth-best mark in FBS.
- It is commiting 3.4 penalties per game, tied for the fewest in FBS.
- Kansas State is the nation's only team who has yet to give up a point off a turnover.
- Five teams in the nation have allowed fewer than six points off their turnovers this season. Those five teams are a combined 35-0.
- When facing five or more rushers, Collin Klein is completing 63 percent of his passes, compared to 52 percent from last season.
- He's completing 59 percent of his passes 20 yards or more downfield, compared to 44 percent from last year. On those throws, he has six scores and no interceptions, compared to four touchdowns and two picks all last season.
- On those throws against West Virginia, Klein was 6-of-8 for 176 yards and two touchdowns.
- Ranked opponents are just 4-of-31 on passes longer than 20 yards against Texas Tech. Geno Smith was just 1-of-12.
- Klein has run seven quarterback sneaks this season. He has four touchdowns and three first downs on those sneak plays.
- Klein's scrambles have resulted in a first down 42.9 percent of the time since 2011.
- Among AQ schools, only one quarterback has more career rushing touchdowns since 2004: Tim Tebow.
- Texas Tech has given up just 10 completions longer than 20 yards, the fewest in college football. However, it gave up four last week against TCU.
- Texas Tech quarterback Seth Doege is completing 77 percent of his passes in the red zone.
- Doege has thrown a touchdown on 20-of-39 red zone pass attempts, the highest percentage in college football among players with at least 20 attempts.
- David Ash has completed eight passes this season longer than 25 yards. He only had six of those completions all last season.
- Texas averages nearly 12 missed tackles a game, but has just six last week against Baylor.
- Every Big 12 team but Kansas has been ranked in a national poll this season.
- Big 12 teams have 36 scoring plays longer than 50 yards this season.
- Three times this season, the Big 12 has had more touchdowns than punts. Last week, there were 48 touchdowns and 47 punts.
- TCU has scored 20 points in 33 consecutive games, the longest streak in the nation.
- Baylor has scored 45 points in nine of its last 10 games.
- Kansas' James Sims has eight 100-yard games. That makes him seventh all-time in the school record book.
- Iowa State's Jake Knott had 11 tackles last week against Oklahoma State, giving him 18 career double-digit tackle games.
- Kansas State has won four consecutive road games against ranked teams in Big 12 play for the first time ever.
- Texas has topped 250 rushing yards three times this season.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.