Big 12 did you know: Week 13
Did you know ...
- Landry Jones has thrown 12.7 percent of his career passes from outside the pocket.
- Jones has thrown 26.5 percent of his career interceptions from outside the pocket.
- Against Oklahoma State last season, Jones was 3-of-16 with two interceptions on passes outside the pocket.
- For his career, Jones is completing 65.4 percent of his passes inside the pocket, compared to 50.2 percent outside of it.
- Oklahoma State has 15 touchdown drives this season that lasted less than a minute, fourth-most in the FBS.
- The Cowboys have 15 touchdown drives of three plays or fewer, tied for third in FBS.
- In Jones' first five games, he completed just 6-of-27 throws longer than 20 yards, for one touchdown and an interception. In his past five, he's completed of 15-of-30 passes for six scores and two picks.
- Since Week 10, Clint Chelf has completed 52.6 percent of his passes longer than 20 yards, for five touchdowns and no interceptions.
- J.W. Walsh has scored four touchdowns in eight goal-to-go rush attempts.
- Blake Bell has nine touchdowns in 14 goal-to-go rush attempts.
- Oklahoma State running back Joseph Randle has 596 yards after contact this year, fifth-most in the FBS and most in the Big 12.
- Oklahoma gave up just 138.2 yards per game and five touchdowns on the ground in its first six games.
- In its last four games, the Sooners have given up 256 rushing yards a game and 12 touchdowns.
- Oklahoma State's been held below 30 points just once this season.
- Randle is gaining 54.2 percent of his yards after contact.
- Oklahoma's defense has given up just 630 yards after contact this year, the fewest in the Big 12 and eighth-fewest among AQ schools.
- The Big 12 has 70 percent of its teams already bowl-eligible, the highest percentage of any league in the country.
- Two more Big 12 teams could be bowl-eligible by the end of the weekend.
- The Big 12 has five teams in the top 10 nationally in scoring.
- Big 12 teams average 74.1 plays, 463.1 yards and four punts per game. All are the highest among FBS leagues.
- Twenty percent of the Big 12's touchdown drives this year have been scored in less than a minute.
- Baylor's victory over No. 1 Kansas State last week was its first ever over a No. 1 team.
- It also tied the record for the biggest margin of victory over a BCS No. 1 team.
- Iowa State is 9-1 under Paul Rhoads when scoring at least 35 points, and 21-1 when allowing fewer than 24 points.
- West Virginia's five-game losing streak is its longest since a six-game streak in 1986.
- Iowa State is 1-3 at home in Big 12 play this year.
- West Virginia and Iowa State have never met.
- Iowa State hasn't won its regular season finale since 2006.
- Oklahoma has won 32 consecutive games when leading at halftime.
- Oklahoma State's 38-point win over Texas Tech last week was its third-largest ever against a ranked opponent.
- West Virginia had 778 yards of offense last week, but it was only the second-most in school history. The Mountaineers had 807 yards of offense in a win over Baylor earlier this season.
- Seth Doege is just the third quarterback in Texas Tech history with 8,000 yards passing. He has 8,006 after last week's loss to Oklahoma State.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.