Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 30, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPNDallas.com
One reason I'm glad the NBA is back.
- Kansas all-purpose threat Tony Pierson might not play against Texas, reports Ben Ward of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson wants him team to "find ways to get it done" writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Kansas State quarterback Jake Waters is adapting to the Wildcats' two-quarterback system writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Lack of stops on third down hurt West Virginia's defense against Kansas State and injuries played a major role in the struggles, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Oklahoma State coaches its players to maximize returns after turnovers and it paid off against Iowa State, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Iowa State ranks last in the Big 12 in rushing yards allowed and missed tackles have played a major role, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Texas Tech is looking to get back to the basics after surrendering 277 rushing yards to Oklahoma last Saturday, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalnche-Journal.
- The Big 12 title will be decided in November, writes Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Jackson Jeffcoat thinks Texas' defensive line is full of NFL-caliber talent.