Big 12's lunch links
- Expectations were high for Kansas running back when Brandon Bourbon arrived in Lawrence, Kan. but he's just now starting to make an impact, writes Mike Vernon of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson sees similarities between the 2008 Horned Frogs season and this year.
- West Virginia needs several facility improvements as the Mountaineers try to step it up and compete in the Big 12, says coach Dana Holgorsen. Dave Hickman has the story for the Charleston Gazette.
- The relatively unknown Dylan Schellenberg is preparing to replace Ty Zimmerman in Kansas State's secondary, writes Joshua Kinder of the Manhattan Mercury.
- Baylor's rotation at defensive tackle has helped the Bears remain fresh and play fast, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune.
- Writing letters sits alongside winning as a part of Bill Snyder's legacy at Kansas State, writes The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson.
- Quarterback Trevor Knight is poised to start for Oklahoma against Kansas State, writes Ryan Aber of The Oklahoman. Knight will start and two other Sooners will miss the game.
- The Bears are looking to reverse their fortunes at Oklahoma State, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- The Cowboys decision to make changes in the backfield have paid off, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- Checking out OSU-Baylor on the DVR could be the perfect "welcome home" gift for Iowa State fans who brave the cold weather to watch senior night for the Cyclones, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.