Big 12 lunchtime links
- A breakdown of the stats and trends between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Blake Bell has found a sounding board in his brother, an OU tight end.
- Baylor's offense has taken a detour in recent weeks, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune. Offense gets a C- in grading out the win over TCU.
- Texas still appears to be in the picture for three bowl games going into its showdown with Baylor. Texas A&M is still ranked ahead of the Longhorns in the Dallas Morning News' latest Best in Texas poll.
- Kliff Kingsbury is not stressed by how he's handling his trio of quarterbacks entering the bowl game. Despite the defense's struggles in the loss to Texas, Will Smith was all over the place.
- Signs that TCU would struggle in 2013 became evident in August, Stefan Stevenson writes in his review of the Horned Frogs' rough season.
- In case you missed it, Iowa State fired two assistant coaches on Sunday. Paul Rhoads has a plan to get ISU back to a bowl in 2014.
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis is ready to move on and shift his focus to a senior-heavy 2014 team. Offensive line coach Tim Grunhard's tenure with KU is now over.
- Dana Holgorsen says 2014 started on Sunday and West Virgnia's recruiting needs to get better. The loss to Iowa State was a microcosm of the Mountaineers' season.
- Bill Synder says Kansas State needed to use QB Daniel Sams more against Kansas.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.