Big 12 lunchtime links
January, 2, 2014
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPNDallas.com
Don't forget to take a glimpse at the future during the Under Armour All-America Game later today (3 p.m. CT, ESPN).
- TCU coach Gary Patterson has a goal for his program: score more points. Max Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has the story.
- Central Florida crashed Baylor's Fiesta Bowl party, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune.
- "He was everything everyone said he was," Baylor's Ahmad Dixon said of UCF quarterback Blake Bortles, reports John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Oklahoma is an underdog in the Sugar Bowl and enters the game with a chip on its shoulder, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- OU could use quarterback Trevor Knight's running skills to have success against Alabama's defense, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Calvin Barnett has been the foundation of Oklahoma State's defense without making a lot of plays, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Despite failing to win the Big 12 title, OSU will be motivated to play against Missouri, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- The Cotton Bowl is the first bowl experience for OSU offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich, writes Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- "Winning this game would be big for the program," OU center Gabe Ikard said of the Sugar Bowl matchup with Alabama. Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World has the report.
- They're Sugar Bowl foes, but OU and Alabama share a bond as both programs helped out with disaster relief efforts after tornadoes hit their states in recent years, writes John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- The coaching search at Texas is near the top of everyone's mind, writes Matt Hayes of the Sporting News.
- A major Baylor donor hopes Art Briles stays at BU and got positive feedback from the Bears coach after the Fiesta Bowl, reports Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News. Briles also shouldered the blame for his team's Fiesta Bowl loss.