Big 12 lunchtime links
January, 31, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPNDallas.com
Please tip your pizza delivery guy Sunday.
- With wideout Allen Lazard on board, the Des Moines Register's Chris Williams writes that this is setting up to be the best Iowa State recruiting class of the Paul Rhoads era. Linebacker Jeremiah George is out to prove his height isn't an issue, the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse writes.
- Thursday was declared 'Mack and Sally Brown Day' in Austin. Longhorns defensive coordinator Vance Bedford wants to see the Texas-Texas A&M football rivalry renewed. Are the Longhorns close to breaking ground on a new, two-story indoor practice facility?
- New Orleans defensive tackle Courtney Garnett, who was pledged to Texas until Mack Brown resigned, committed to Oklahoma on Thursday. The Oklahoman's Jacob Unruh features Justice Hansen, the lone QB commitment in this OU recruiting class.
- A Kansas State recruit was arrested on allegations of drug possession, according to the Garden City Telegram's J. Levi Burnfin.
- The Stephenville (Texas) Empire-Tribune is running excerpts of Baylor coach Art Briles' biography. Briles got his coaching start at Stephenville High School.
- Texas Tech made the top five for a key QB recruit for 2015, the Dallas Morning News' Mike Graham reports.
- The son of former Kansas great Frank Seurer plans to walk on to KU, reports the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- Texas Tech lost a midterm signee. Former Red Raider Louis Vasquez has become an anchor on the Denver Broncos offensive line.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Charean Williams profiles former TCU and current Seattle Seahawks deep snapper Clint Gresham.
- The Parkersburg (W.Va.) News and Sentinel's Jim Butta examines the departure of former West Virginia deputy athletics director Mike Parsons.