Big 12 lunchtime links
April, 8, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPNDallas.com
One Shining Moment...
- Injuries have been hampering Iowa State this spring, reports the Associated Press' Luke Meredith. The Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson calls it ridiculous for anyone to think Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads is on the hot seat.
- Oklahoma State fans who snubbed the "Orange Blitz" practice missed a good show, in the opinion of The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson. The paper's Berry Tramel says there's no doubt that J.W. Walsh is the Cowboys' starting QB.
- The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel writes that Oklahoma State cornerbacks Kevin peterson and Ashton Lampkin have pushed each other to be better via their friendly rivalry.
- Kansas' seniors are hoping to go out on a high note, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Jeff Deters.
- TCU picked up a commitment from a versatile playmaker.
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops weighed in on the potential unionization of college athletes, in this interview with the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig. An ex-Texas Tech player sides with the players on this issue, in this interview with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- RG III now has his own logo.
- This is an impressive Baylor wedding cake.
- A judge denied a motion for a new trial for former Baylor defensive end Tevin Elliott, who was convicted of a 2012 sexual assault, reports the Waco Tribune-Herald's Tommy Witherspoon.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen thinks having a spring game is still a big deal, he tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Chris Adamski.