Monday, January 4, 2010
Quick thoughts: 10-7 Boise State at half
By Richard Durrett
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Here are some quick thoughts on the 2010 Fiesta Bowl's first half. Boise State leads, 10-7.
* TCU managed to get the momentum going into the half. The best thing that happened to TCU was that it got the ball back with just over two minutes and had to play fast. It seemed to get the Frogs into a rhythm. Andy Dalton had a nice 30-yard touchdown pass to Curtis Clay to cut the deficit to three.
* Last year in the Poinsettia Bowl, TCU was behind 13-0 and scored with 58 seconds left in the half. It ended up winning the game.
* Boise State's offense has been good. TCU did make a big stop late in the second quarter. The key series may be the first one of the third quarter. Boise State gets the football, and TCU needs to hold the Broncos to keep the momentum.
* Did the long layoff effect both teams? I think it bothered TCU. It just didn't look in sync.
* TCU must cut down on the penalties. It had six of them for 55 yards, mainly on offense.
* I still think TCU can run the ball and should try to do so more in the second half. I bet the Frogs will.