Dallas Colleges: Michael Floyd
Time for another round of facts and tidbits via ESPN Stats and Info and various sports information departments around the Big 12.
We love you all.
- The Big 12 played two overtime games last week. That's the same number of overtime games involving Big 12 teams in the past three seasons.
- Since 2009, Landry Jones is 33-of-44 for 18 touchdowns on red zone pass attempts to Ryan Broyles. He's 61-for-120 for 22 touchdowns and two interceptions when targeting the rest of the team.
- On the road, while facing four or fewer pass-rushers, Jones has 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions, while completing 63 percent of his passes.
- Against blitzes in all games since the 2010 season, he has 10 touchdowns and two interceptions, while completing just under 67 percent of his passes. When targeting Broyles in those scenarios, he has completed 71 percent of his passes, compared to 63 percent for the rest of his offense.
- Broyles' 19 red-zone touchdowns are six more than any active player in college football, but Texas A&M's Jeff Fuller is tied with Michael Floyd at Notre Dame for second, with 13.
- Last year, against Florida State, Broyles finished with 12 catches for 124 yards. Eight of his catches and 67 of his yards came on passes behind or at the line of scrimmage.
- Last week's 26-yard reception on a swing pass was the first catch of Texas running back D.J. Monroe's career.
- Baylor's No. 19 ranking is its highest since 1991.
- Landry Jones has 38 touchdowns and six interceptions in home games during his career. On the road (not neutral site), he has 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.
- Through two games, 10 of Texas' 14 passes thrown by David Ash and Case McCoy have been for 10 yards or less, including six screen passes.
- UCLA ran for 264 yards against Texas last year, more than any other Longhorn opponent.
- Iowa State quarterback Steele Jantz's 57-yard completion to Aaron Horne was the longest for the Cyclones since 2005.
- Bears quarterback Robert Griffin III leads the nation in passing efficiency, though he's played just one game.
- However, with no limitations on attempts, Baylor receiver Kendall Wright has a passer rating of 496, well ahead of Griffin's 250.6. Wright is 2-of-2 this season for 55 yards and a touchdown.
- Kansas has just one player on its roster from the state of Georgia. Georgia has no Kansans on its roster.
- Kansas State is 11-5 coming off a bye week under Bill Snyder.
- Texas Tech true freshman linebacker Blake Dees graded out as the defense's top performer in the season opener.
- Big 12 officials have reviewed 34 plays so far this season, overturning 12 calls.
- Kansas scored 89 points in its first four games last season. This year, it has 87 points through two weeks.
- Missouri is 10-0 all-time against FCS opponents. It plays Western Illinois on Saturday.
- Baylor and Stephen F. Austin haven't met since 1947, but the Lumberjacks never scored in the previous three meetings.
- Baylor's Wright needs 122 receiving yards to become the school's all-time leader.
- Missouri's streak of 22 consecutive nonconference wins stretching back to 2005 ended with last Friday's loss to Arizona State.
- Texas Tech has nine consecutive seasons of at least eight wins. That's tied for fifth nationally and only Oklahoma has more in the Big 12, with 11. Boise State and Virginia Tech are the only schools with more.
- Oklahoma State has scored a touchdown on its first offensive possession and forced a punt on its first defensive possession in both games this season.
- The only score K-State gave up in its 10-7 opening win against Eastern Kentucky came after a fumble on the Wildcats' one-yard line.
- Oklahoma State has won nine of its past 10 road games.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.