Dallas Colleges: Ricky Dobbs
We'll have more coverage of the Cotton Bowl as the week progresses, and I'll be there, but here's a few fun facts via ESPN Stats & Information to get you started.
No. 6 Arkansas and No. 8 Kansas State will go head to head on Friday night in Cowboys Stadium.
- The BCS National Championship Game and Fiesta Bowl are the only other games featuring teams with single-digit rankings.
- Arkansas is 3-0 in Cowboys Stadium, with all three wins coming over Texas A&M. The Aggies, by the way, are 0-4 in the stadium.
- Kansas State is plus-13 in turnover margin, which ranks sixth nationally.
- This year, Arkansas strung together consecutive 10-win seasons for the first time since 1988-89.
- Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein has converted 32 first downs by rush, more than any player in the FBS.
- He's thrown 12 touchdown passes and ran for 26 scores, accounting for 84.4 percent of his team's touchdowns. That's the highest percentage of any player in the FBS, just ahead of USC's Matt Barkley.
- With one more touchdown, Klein will tie Navy's Ricky Dobbs at 27 for the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in FBS history. He's one shy of Ricky Williams' Big 12 record, too.
- He's first nationally in rushing TDs from inside two yards (14), inside five yards (21) and inside 10 yards (23).
- Kansas State ranks fourth in the Big 12 by allowing just 33 plays longer than 25 yards this season, but 11 came in losses to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
- K-State has scored a touchdown in 29-of-33 goal-to-go situations this season. That percentage (87.9) is 13th-highest nationally.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.