Dallas Colleges: Ryne Reeves
- Mack Brown did his job on the recruiting trail. Now, writes Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Stateman, it's time for his recruits to follow his lead.
- Is Malcolm Brown the guy to resurrect Texas' running game? Randy Riggs profiles the blue-chipper and tries to find out.
- Steve Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star says Nebraska's signing day was awkward and uncomfortable, thanks to some unanswered questions.
- Oklahoma State's top recruit, Herschel Sims, shrugged off a late offer from national champion Auburn to stay with the Cowboys, reports Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World.
- Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register checks in with Iowa State's possible immediate contributors from the 2011 class.
- What do we know about Colorado's first recruiting class under Jon Embree? Exactly nothing, writes Woody Paige of the Denver Post.
- Not excited about Missouri's 2011 class? The same was true about the Tigers' 2006 class, which ended up being full of underrated talent, writes Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star. DeArmond also reports that top recruit Sheldon Richardson is expected to arrive this summer.
- One of Oklahoma's top signees might already be switching positions, writes Jake Trotter of The Oklahoman.
- Embree is happy he was able to flip eight players to Colorado from other BCS-level schools, and every newcomer should compete for a job next season, reports Tom Kensler of the Denver Post.
- Nebraska lineman Ryne Reeves was finally able to realize his dream on Wednesday: Playing football for Nebraska, writes Nick Rubek of the Omaha World-Herald.
- Defensive line and quarterback are the two big spots Kansas State tried to improve this year, writes Kellis Robinett of the Kansas City Star.
- Kansas is chasing objective No. 1 with its new class: Speed, writes J.Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.
- Texas Tech's class was boosted by some late help up front, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Baylor's recruiting class is loaded in the trenches.
- Mike Sherman explains his recruiting philosophy to Robert Cessna of the Bryan-College Station Eagle.
- Signing day was quite a bit different this year than it was last year, writes Brandon Chatmon of The Oklahoman.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Part 2 of the articles on OSU's involvment in academic fraud was released. Some claim the expose is unfounded. Ian and Richard warn that there are two sides to all stories.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss Mack Brown, Manny Diaz and all the latest with the Texas Longhorns.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett give you the latest on the Johnny Manziel story and Charles Barkley weighs in. You won't believe who the outspoken NBA Hall of Famer is disappointed in and what he thinks about the autograph allegations.
Play Podcast Kirk Herbstreit joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett for his weekly visit to preview the 2013 college football season.
Play Podcast Former TCU and current Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the expectations for the Bengals this season, give a prediction for the TCU-LSU game and talk about what it's like having the Hard Knocks cameras follow him.
Play Podcast Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and Mark Friedman react to Dez Bryant's comments regarding the NCAA's ongoing investigation of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Play Podcast Richard Durrett, Ian Fitzsimmons and Glenn "Stretch" Smith react to Dez Bryant sounding off yesterday after practice about Johnny Manziel and the shadiness of the NCAA.
Play Podcast Former NCAA investigator and Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to weigh in on the Johnny Manziel drama and give some insight as to what goes on during an NCAA investigation.