IRVING -- After their worst performance of the season as a team, there’s a lot of shuffling in the weekly rankings. Most of the movement has to do with guys moving up only because someone else played worse.
One of the team’s highest-profile players dropped out, while one of the guys with a low profiles made the top 10 for the first time.
Each week, during the season, I rank my top 10 players on the roster based on their performances this season.
1. Sean Lee: The Cowboys’ most consistent player. Each week he brings it at the highest level possible. A team-high 14 tackles against the Bears.
Last Week: 3
2. DeMarcus Ware: Another sack and forced fumble, but not enough impact against a mediocre left tackle such as JaMarcus Webb.
Last Week: 1
Last Week: 2
4. Miles Austin: Jason Garrett must find a way to target him more often, regardless of the double coverage he gets. He has three touchdowns in four games.
Last Week: 8
5. Bruce Carter: He showed some toughness by returning after a hip pointer with some help from a pain-killing injection.
Last Week: 5
Last Week: 4
7. DeMarco Murray: He has 104 yards on 41 carries in the last three games and has been dropped for a loss 11 times. If he wasn’t terrific, the numbers would be even worse.
Last Week: 7
8. Jason Hatcher: Two tackles and was one of the reasons the Bears averaged just 3.3 yards per carry on 29 attempts.
Last Week: 10
9. Sean Lissemore: Finished with four tackles and helped anchor the middle of the defensive line.
Last Week: 9
Last Week: 6