ARLINGTON, Texas -- At the break and the Cowboys lead 17-15.
1. The Cowboys have lost three starters, running back DeMarco Murray, center Phil Costa and cornerback Mike Jenkins. Jenkins injured his right shoulder when he dived in the end zone on an incompleted pass. He landed face first with both arms extended. He was down for several moments and when he left the field the Cowboys sent him to the locker room. Murray has an ankle injury and Costa a concussion.
3. After his 1-yard touchdown run that gave the Giants a 12-7 lead, Brandon Jacobs ran to the star inside the helmet in the end zone and did a bump and grind.
4. The Cowboys' run game was impressive during the touchdown drive that gave them a 14-12 lead. Jones gained 5, 11, 11, 6, 6 and 11 during the 11-play drive. If this told us anything, it was that Jason Garrett believes in Jones' ability to carry a heavy load in the run game.
5. Laurent Robinson had another touchdown reception. He's got eight on the season, which leads the team. He's got a touchdown reception in six of the last seven weeks. The beauty of Robinson is his ability to find his quarterback. When Tony Romo was looking for an open receiver, Robinson got inside the two defenders who tried to cover him and raised his hand to notify Romo he was open. Nice pass by Romo too, a hard strike. With 34 seconds left, Robinson made a nice play in beating rookie cornerback Prince Amukamara for a 40-yard reception down the sidelines.
6. With Costa out with a concussion, Kevin Kowalski took over. Nose tackle Jay Ratliff spoke to the trainers regarding some health issues as well. He was leaning over trying to stretch his back. He did return to the game. Safety Barry Church left the game with a right shoulder injury but did return.
7. Bad penalty by Dez Bryant on a punt return. He signaled for a fair catch but when the ball sailed behind him he then blocked Zak DeOssie, which is a no-no. The ball was downed at the 7, but the penalty pushed it back to the 4.
8. After so much hype about Bryant's efforts in the second half of games the last two weeks, he was shut out in the first half and targeted just once.
9. Nice first half by Romo. He completed 10-of-14 passes for 104 yards and the touchdown. His quarterback rating was 132.1.
10. Jenkins is one tough man. He returned to the game with about 5:22 to play with his right shoulder wrapped. But he left the game again and the Cowboys used Frank Walker and Alan Ball as replacements.