- Calvin Watkins, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
OXNARD, Calif. -- Another day, another Cowboys' draft pick gets hurt.
* Linebacker Caleb McSurdy, a seventh-round pick, went down during individual drills with a lower leg injury. The early diagnoses has McSurdy suffering an Achilles tear. After he went down, he took off his helmet and slammed it to the ground. If McSurdy has a torn Achilles, his 2012 season could be over. He becomes the sixth Cowboys' draft pick hurt this summer. Only tight end John Hanna hasn't suffered an injury.
* Tight end Jason Witten is out for the entire preseason with a slightly lacerated spleen. He won't return to Dallas, but will stay with the team in Oxnard and when it travels to San Diego.
* Wide receiver Danny Coale, a fifth-round pick, had nearly recovered from a broken toe, but now has a quad injury.
* Center Phil Costa won't practice this week because he's dealing with a strained lower back.
* Defensive end Jason Hatcher returned to practice after missing a little more than a week with a hamstring injury. Hatcher said he felt good with his limited snaps during Wednesday's practice and is taking things day-by-day.
* First-round pick cornerback Morris Claiborne practiced in full pads Wednesday and is expected to make his NFL debut Saturday night in San Diego.
* Safety Matt Johnson, a fourth-round selection, participated in practice Wednesday. He was limited and expects to return for the St. Louis game Aug. 25.
* Linebacker Orie Lemon didn't practice with an unknown injury.
* Nose tackle Jay Ratliff did more work in full pads Wednesday but his status for the Chargers game Saturday hasn't been determined.
OXNARD, Calif. -- Another day, another Cowboys' draft pick gets hurt.* Linebacker Caleb McSurdy, a seventh-round pick, went down during individual drills with a lower leg injury.