Cowboys ready to call up Kevin Kowalski

November, 2, 2012
11/02/12
2:33
PM ET
IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys will activate guard/center Kevin Kowalski off the physically unable to perform list on Tuesday and will have a three-week window in which to call him up to the active roster or hold him out for the season.

PODCAST
ESPN NFL analyst Darren Woodson breaks down the Cowboys' Sunday night matchup against the Falcons, plays the Tony Romo blame game and more.

Listen Listen
Kowalski has not practiced this year because of a series case of tendinitis, which required training camp surgery. He has been running for the last month. If he is able to return, then the Cowboys would have to create a spot on the 53-man roster.

Kowalski played in 11 games last year as a rookie at guard and center and the Cowboys hoped he would be able to compete for the starting center spot over the summer.

“Fortunately being on PUP I’ve been able to sit in the meetings all year long, so I’ve stayed engaged in that aspect of knowing what’s going on and understanding both positions,” Kowalski said.

Phil Costa is expected to miss at least three more weeks if not more with a severe ankle injury. With Ryan Cook as the starting center the Cowboys have dressed David Arkin as the backup but he has yet to play a snap.

“I just need to go out there and try to improve and get back into it,” Kowalski said.

Todd Archer

ESPN Dallas Cowboys reporter

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?

Insider