Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Dallas Cowboys: Top 10 players after Week 1
By Jean-Jacques Taylor
IRVING -- The Cowboys have played just one game, and there were some surprisingly good performances from unheralded players such as Kevin Ogletree and Bruce Carter.
Each week, during the season, I’ll rank my top 10 players on the roster based on their performances this season.
1. Tony Romo: 307 yards passing and three TDs without much help from his offensive line
2. Anthony Spencer: For a dude who didn’t get a sack, he turned in a dominating performance
3. DeMarcus Ware: He had two sacks and spent much of the night harassing Eli Manning
4. DeMarco Murray: 110 of his 130 yards came in the second half, and his electrifying 48-yard run was a huge momentum-killer for the Giants
5. Sean Lee: Recorded a team-high 10 tackles and his forced fumble, at the time, was huge
6. Kevin Ogletree: A career-high nine catches for 114 yards with two TDs and the game-clinching 3rd-down reception with less than two minutes remaining.
7. Brandon Carr: Pretty much did everything Rob Ryan and Jerry Jones expected from their high-priced free-agent acquisition
8. Dez Bryant: Ran a terrific route on his 38-yard grab late in the first half that set up the Cowboys’ first TD
9. Jason Hatcher: Huge sack in the fourth quarter and strong against the run
10. Bruce Carter: Made the first start of his career and showed why he beat out Dan Connor.