Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Dallas Cowboys: Top 10 players after Week 3
By Jean-Jacques Taylor
IRVING, Texas -- With the defense thriving and the offense struggling, it should surprise no one that the defense dominates this week’s player rankings. For the third straight week, we have a new player at the top. My suspicion is he might stay here for awhile.
Each week, during the season, I’ll rank my top 10 players on the roster based on their performances.
1. DeMarcus Ware: Two sacks and two forced fumbles -- the epitome of an impact player.
Last Week: 2
2. Anthony Spencer: Continues to be a difference-maker each week, and led the team in tackles. His drop from the top spot is the result of Ware’s play, not anything Spencer has done.
Last Week: 1
3. Sean Lee: The definition of a playmaker. His interception set up the offense’s only touchdown drive, and he’s a tackling machine.
Last Week: 4
4. Brandon Carr: Spent most of the game at safety as if he’d been there his entire career. The reality: He hadn’t played safety since the 11th grade.
Last Week: 7
5. Bruce Carter: At least once a week, Carter makes a play that makes you go, “Wow.”
Last Week: 6
6. Tony Romo: The offense has produced two touchdowns in eight quarters. We know the offensive line has been shaky, but Romo must play better.
Last Week: 3
7. DeMarco Murray: It’s hard to fault the runner when he gets dropped for a loss seven times in 18 carries.
Last Week: 5
8. Miles Austin: Recorded his first 100-yard game of the season and is the team’s only receiver with at least one 20-yard reception in every game.
Last Week: 8
9. Sean Lissemore: Finished with three tackles and a pressure.
Last Week: 9
10. Jason Hatcher: Only credited with a tackle and a pressure, but he was around the ball all day and made himself a disruptive force.
Last Week: NR