Thursday, October 24, 2013
Sean Lee on Ratliff: We've moved on
By Todd Archer
IRVING, Texas -- That Jay Ratliff was cleared by his doctor this week to return to football activities caught a few of his ex-Dallas Cowboys teammates by surprise, but mostly the subject was avoided publicly.
Ratliff was cut last week after the Cowboys determined he was not ready to return to the field and the injury was revealed to be much more severe than initially reported, according to his agent.
Linebacker Sean Lee was asked Thursday about Ratliff on KRLD-FM.
"If you don't want to be here and you don't want to play with this team, then move on because we have guys who are ready to play, who work extremely hard, who care about this franchise, who care about each other as teammates," Lee told the station, "and I'd rather go down with guys who want to be here and want to win than win with guys who don't want to be here.
"I don't know the whole situation or the details, but I think as teammates, all we care about are each other and about guys who care about winning here, so that's all we focus on and I think that's the only thing we need to focus on to help us win."
Owner and general manager Jerry Jones referred to the Ratliff issue as a legal matter earlier Thursday. However, the team does not appear to have any way to recoup money it paid to Ratliff since they gave him a five-year, $40 million extension to years ago. Coach Jason Garrett said health was among the reasons why Ratliff was released and wished the four-time Pro Bowler well in the future.