Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Injuries: Sean Lee has a pulled hamstring
By Calvin Watkins
IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee wouldn't confirm he's out three-to-four weeks, and the injury to his left hamstring isn't a tear, but a pull. Lee said he's had them before but hopes rehab will fix the problem and he can return sooner than expected.
"I've got to make sure I rehab properly and hope I can be back as soon as I can, when I can functionally get back," Lee said after Tuesday afternoon meetings. "It's frustrating. I want to be on the field. Obviously, I've had trouble staying on the field. I take a lot of pride in rehabbing and making sure I recover and am ready to go. But it's just one of those deals I've got to battle back from."
- Defensive end DeMarcus Ware (thigh) said he tweaked his injury during the Saints game but didn't believe it was serious. The Cowboys have one scheduled practice during the bye week, which is Wednesday morning, and Ware isn't expected to participate. Ware said he will rehab this week to get his leg stronger.
- Safety J.J. Wilcox is still rehabbing from his sprained knee. Wilcox said he'll do more rehab work during the bye and has hopes of returning for next week's game at the New York Giants. Wilcox has missed the last three games.
- Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher missed the Saints game with a stinger and plans to start lifting weights this week. Hatcher said he believes he'll play against the Giants.
- Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury. Austin is running and doing some cardio work in rehab but his return is also uncertain. The Cowboys are hoping the time off -- Austin hasn't played since Oct. 20 at Philadelphia -- will allow him to get healthy enough to return to game action.
- Cornerback Morris Claiborne (hamstring) has missed the last two games but with rehab he'll be ready for the Giants.
- Linebacker Justin Durant (hamstring) suffered a hamstring injury against the Saints, and like Lee, is out three-to-four weeks.
- Wide receiver Dez Bryant (back) hasn't missed any games due to back soreness but was limited in some practices last week because of it. Coach Jason Garrett said Bryant, who caught one pass against the Saints, is fine physically.
- Linebacker DeVonte Holloman (neck) has missed the last four games but could return to practice next week.