- Dan Graziano, ESPN New York Giants reporter
- 0 Shares
Only one NFC East team left in the top 10 in this week's Power Rankings. Let's take a look at the way our division's teams stack up.
9. Washington Redskins (Last week: 8). They trade places in the rankings with the Colts, who are 10-5 and already in the playoffs while the Redskins are 9-6 and not in yet. I had them at 8 last week and kept them there (and the Colts at 9), but it's hard to argue with those who'd differ. I am one of three voters who rank them 8th. Ashley Fox has them 10th and John Clayton 12th.
14. Dallas Cowboys (10). Tied with the Texans for the week's biggest drop, the Cowboys could likely climb back into the top 10 with a win in Washington and the division title that would go with it, or finish the season in the middle of the pack where they've been all year and likely belong. I dropped them from 10 to 13 in my poll, not because I think their loss was especially bad but because I thought the Ravens, Bengals and Vikings all needed to move up. Jamison Hensley also has them 13. Clayton has them 14. Ashley and Mike Sando rank the Cowboys 15.
15. New York Giants (12). The Giants started the season at No. 3, ranked in the top 10 in 12 of the first 15 polls we did and peaked at No. 2 in Week Weeks 8 and 9. This right here is their lowest ranking of the season, and after consecutive losses by a combined score of 67-14 at the most critical time of the year, it's tough to argue. They were excellent at one point this season but now appear to be out of gas, and right now they're not a good team. John, Jamison and I have them at 15. Ashley puts them at 14 and Sando at 18.
29. Philadelphia Eagles (29). Not a lot left to say. They're trying, absolutely. They just aren't any good. Could they beat the Giants on Sunday? Sure. They almost always do. But they're going to settle in somewhere around this spot, and they've earned it. Sando and I put them 28, John and Jamison at 29 and Ashley at 30.
As always, I welcome your thoughts.
Only one NFC East team left in the top 10 in this week's Power Rankings. Let's take a look at the way our division's teams stack up.9. Washington Redskins (Last week: 8).