Dallas Cowboys: Mike Tobert
August, 19, 2011
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com
* WR Kevin Ogletree came up with a nice grab of a Tony Romo fade pass in the end zone after jabbing inside to get separation from San Diego CB Quentin Jammer.
* OT Sam Young was unable to get to the slot defender in time on a bubble screen to WR Tysson Poots, leaving the wideout with nowhere to run.
* OLB Brandon Williams got off to a slow start in camp and was hampered by a sore back, but he was active against the run during 9-on-7 drills and was a constant force in the backfield against backup QBs Billy Volek and Scott Tolzien.
* WR Dwayne Harris caught the wrath of TE Jason Witten during the first team’s two-minute drill by running the incorrect route. He ended the No. 2 series with a touchdown catch from QB Jon Kitna by working behind CB Marcus Gilchrist in the back of the end zone. Kitna made a nice read by throwing it to Gilchrist’s back shoulder.
* Sometimes the offense gets the benefit of the doubt. Chargers QB Philip Rivers was able to break free for a long run in a two-minute drill, however, it sure looked like he would have been sacked by OLB DeMarcus Ware before he could break contain.
* Rivers likes to work with WR Patrick Crayton. He went to Crayton on two of the first three passes of the two-minute drill, with Crayton working the slot and getting out of bounds.
* Rivers worked the ball underneath on his two-minute drill, finding Mike Tolbert in single coverage against linebackers.