Friday, March 2, 2012
Live blog: Friday's girls state semifinals
By Travis L. Brown
Check in throughout the day for updates on Friday's girls state semifinal action:
Brock 41, Tuscola Jim Ned 37
Poth 81, Edgewood 55
- With a 34-5 record, Brock advances to the state final for the fourth straight year and is vying for a four-peat.
- Brock guard Kamy Cole led her team in scoring with 20 points, followed by center Lexie Ducat with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
- Jim Ned guard Meagan O'Dell scored 18 points.
- Brock will face Poth in the 2A state final at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Class 1A Division II
- Poth featured three players with double-digit scoring, led by guard Ashley Fuller's 25.
- Edgewood managed two scorers with point totals over 10: guard Chandler Short with 16 and center Susan Ageson with 15.
- With a 29-8 record, Poth advances to its first state final since 2008 when it lost 65-49 to Tuscola Jim Ned and will play Brock at 2 p.m. Saturday.
Lipan 52, Whitharral 49
Neches 64, Moulton 42
- With a 34-3 record, Lipan advances to the 1A Division II state final at 7 p.m. Saturday to face the winner of the semifinal between Neches and Moulton.
- Center Shauna Coleman led her team in scoring with 15 points. Center Taylor Moore led Whitharral with 13 points.
- Neches advances to the Class 1A Division II state championship with a 33-5 record to face Lipan Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Roddricka Patton lead her team in scoring with 15 points.
Duncanville 64, Houston Cypress Falls 40
Spring Dekaney 50, San Antonio Reagan 35
- Dekaney makes its first trip to the 5A state championship game in its first appearance in the state tournament, with a 40-1 record.
- Guard Alexis Durley lead Dekaney in scoring with 13 points.
- Dekaney faces Duncanville for the 5A title at 8:30 p.m. Saturday.