CHICAGO -- Dirk Nowitzki is famous for shooting the lights out in some of the league's most famous arenas. He takes target practice at Madison Square Garden, destroys the Boston Celtics in Beantown and has scored more points at Staples Center than any other visitor.
Chicago's United Center is a different story. Nowitzki and the Mavs make their lone visit against the Bulls tonight, a game the 7-footer is fully expected to play in despite Dallas having clinched a playoff berth.
Nowitzki might not play his full allotment of minutes, but he will be looking to raise his shooting percentage in the Windy City. According the Elias Sports Bureau, Nowitzki has a .415 career field-goal percentage at the United Center, his lowest career field-goal percentage in any arena in which he has at least 100 attempts.
Other tidbits from Elias heading into tonight's nationally televised game on ESPN:
* Nowitzki has scored 24,095 points during the regular season, all with the Mavs. Only four players in NBA history scored 24,000 points while playing their whole career with one team: Kobe Bryant (29,458 with Lakers), John Havlicek (26,395 with Celtics), Reggie Miller (25,279 with Pacers) and Jerry West (25,192 with Lakers).
* Jason Kidd is not expected to play tonight, which leaves him with one final opportunity on Thursday at Atlanta to extend his streak of recording at least one triple-double to 18 consecutive seasons. He holds the NBA record of 17 seasons in a row. Kidd has had at least two triple-doubles in every season he has been in the NBA. He nearly got it done on April 12 at Golden State, but finished one point shy with nine points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds.
* Jason Terry has made at least one 3-point field goal in 78.7 percent of the regular-season games he has appeared in during his career (804 of 1,021). Only four players in NBA history have made a 3-pointer in a higher percentage of their games than Terry (minimum: 500 games): Ray Allen (89.0), Peja Stojakovic (85.2), Reggie Miller (80.1) and Chauncey Billups (79.2). (The NBA instituted the 3-point line in 1979-80.)
* The Mavs are 10-6 against Eastern Conference teams this season. With two games to go, they are assured of finishing with a winning record over the other conference for a 12th consecutive season. Only one other team has posted a winning record against teams from the opposite conference in each season since 2000-01: San Antonio.
* The Mavs have posted a 10-6 (.625) record at the United Center since the Bulls began playing their home games there in 1994. That is tied with the Clippers (go figure) for the second-highest winning percentage among visiting teams, behind the Thunder (11-6, .647).
* Bulls 3-point specialist Kyle Korver is shooting only .344 from the field in the second half of games this season. Only three players in the league have a lower second-half field-goal percentage than Korver (minimum: 150 FGA): Toney Douglas (.313), Stephen Jackson (.330) and Lamar Odom (.335).