4:00 p.m. March to the Match tailgate at Londoner Frisco (great Hunt video at that link)
- March to the Match led by Dallas Cup champion FC Dallas 96 Boys Premier
4:30 p.m. Pizza Hut Park gates open with Happy Hour featuring $2 beers, $4 'ritas, $4 wine and $5 beer bombers available at the Beer Garden
- Pre-game performance by members of Bowling for Soup at the Beer Garden
6:00 p.m. Kickoff
- FC Dallas will honor the family of Freddy Garcia and Freddy Fund at halftime
- Join the FC Dallas Supporters during the 19th minute for 96 seconds of chanting. Chanting will start with "I Believe in FCD" followed by "Dallas 'Til I Die" and conclude with "FC Dallas Ole Ole Ole."
ABOUT THE FREDDY FUND
The mission of the Freddy Fund is to honor the life of the late Federico "Freddy" Garcia by building a community-based, memorial soccer field in the Dallas neighborhood where he was born and raised. The Freddy Field will allow opportunities for future Dallas generations to share in the same game that helped shape the extraordinary character of an amazing young man, while providing a safe playing environment and promoting healthy, active lifestyles for children in the Maple Lawn Community.
REFEREE: David Gantar.
SAR (bench): Claudio Badea;
JAR (opposite): Eric Boria;
4th: Matthew Foerster
MLS Career: 4 games; FC/gm: 23.5; Y/gm: 3.5; R: 1; pens: 0
OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle);
DOUBTFUL: DF Jair Benitez (L knee); FW Maykel Galindo (L plantar fascia strain); FW Milton Rodriguez (IT band syndrome) …
REAL SALT LAKE
OUT: MF Javier Morales (L ankle fracture dislocation);
QUESTIONABLE: FW Fabian Espíndola (L back muscle spasms); FW Paulo Jr. (L hamstring strain);
PROBABLE: FW Álvaro Saborío (R knee swelling)
DAL: Victor Ulloa (U.S. U-20 national team) …
RSL: Luis Gil, Donny Toia (U.S. U-20 national team) …
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none.
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: none
BROADCAST: 6:00 p.m. CT on FOX Sports Southwest; 1270 AM La Voz Del Pueblo
ALL-TIME (18 meetings): FC Dallas 11 wins, 30 goals … Real 6 wins, 24 goals … Ties 1
AT DALLAS (1 meeting): FC Dallas 8 wins, 18 goals … Real 0 wins, 5 goals … Ties 0
RETURN MATCH: 7/9: Real Salt Lake vs. FC Dallas, 7 p.m. MT
LAST YEAR (MLS):
7/17: DAL 2, RSL 0 (Shea 69; Harris 76);
10/16: RSL 2, DAL 0 (Grabavoy 59; Morales 90)
Schellas Hyndman v RSL: P5 W2 L3 D0
Jason Kreis vs. DAL: P9 W4 L5 D0
-Colombian youth international Fabian Castillo scored his second goal since playmaker David Ferreira went down with a fractured ankle; Castillo also had an assist in the 2-0 win against Philadelphia. Including the game in Vancouver when Ferreira was injured, FC Dallas are unbeaten in five games (4-0-1).
- In their first game without injured playmaker Javier Morales, Collen Warner was given the attacking midfield role in the scoreless draw against Houston. RSL was shutout for the second time in three games.
- FC Dallas have won all nine meetings at home all-time against Real Salt Lake in league and MLS Cup play, outscoring RSL 20-6.
- FC Dallas eliminated Real Salt Lake from the 2010 MLS Cup Playoffs, winning the first leg 2-1 at home, then advancing after a 1-1 draw at Rio Tinto Stadium. They split their two regular-season meetings.
- The road team hasn’t won in the series since June 14, 2007, when FC Dallas claimed a 1-0 victory at Rice- Eccles Stadium.
- FC Dallas lengthened their unbeaten streak to five games, defeating Philadelphia Union 2-0 on Saturday evening at Pizza Hut Park. FCD has 17 points from 10 games on the season, now in second place in the Western Conference.
- Including the game in Vancouver when Ferreira was injured, FC Dallas are unbeaten in five games (4-0-1).
- Colombian youth international Castillo scored his second goal since playmaker David Ferreira went down with a fractured ankle; Castillo also had an assist in the 2-0 win against Philadelphia.
- FC Dallas have now held opponents scoreless for 309 minutes, the third-longest such streak in MLS this season. It was a fourth shutout on the season for Kevin Hartman, tied for the league lead with three other ‘keepers.
- A year ago, FC Dallas had just two wins in their opening 10 matches before reeling off a 19-game unbeaten run. Earlier this year, the team had just one win in the first five games – and now is undefeated since.
REAL SALT LAKE
- Real Salt Lake played to their first tie in 2011, reaching a scoreless result with the Houston Dynamo on Saturday evening at Rio Tinto Stadium. RSL is now sitting in third place in the Western Conference with 16 points from 7 matches.
- RSL was shut out for the second time in three games. While they had 13 attempts at goal, only one was on target, and that not until the 77th minute.
- In their first game without injured playmaker Javier Morales, Collen Warner was given the attacking midfield role.
- Real have five defensive shutouts in seven league games this year.
- For RSL, it also extended their MLS-record home-unbeaten streak in regular season play to 29 games (20-0-9).
- After the trip to Dallas, they again return home for back-to-back games at Rio Tinto Stadium; the Houston match was also the second of consecutive home games.