Rapid Reaction: FC Dallas 0, DC United 0

FRISCO, Texas -- In their second meeting of the season, the result was the same between FC Dallas and DC United on Saturday. FC Dallas managed to pick up a point in a scoreless tie against DC United, the second scoreless draw between the teams this season.

* FC Dallas attacked early but failed to find the back of the net. FC Dallas outshot DC United 7-2 in the first half, with two on goal, controlling the ball for 58.5 percent. FC Dallas couldn’t execute on their three corner kicks in the fourth, tenth and 27th minutes.

* FC Dallas tacked on another seven shots in the second half, but only one was on target. DC United goalkeeper Bill Hamid finished with a three-save shutout.

* FC Dallas midfielder Marvin Chavez had the best shot at a goal in the game in the 67th minute. Chavez broke past DC United’s line with midfielder Jackson but misfired the ball. Chavez collapsed on the field with his hands on his head out of disappointment. Chavez finished the game with two shots. A minute later, midfielder Brek Shea also missed a chance to score in the penalty box. Shea finished the game with three shots, two on goal.

* The last chance FC Dallas had for a goal occurred in the 86th minute. Jackson received a cross but grazed the top right of the cross bar off his foot, and the ball deflected out of play. It was Jackson’s third shot of the game.

* FC Dallas goalkeeper Kevin Hartman picked up his 10th shutout of the season, leading the MLS in that category. DC United didn’t test Hartman much in the game with its four shot attempts. Hartman blocked the only shot on goal from Andy Najar in the first half.

* DC United managed to get three corner kick opportunities in the second half but couldn’t capitalize. DC United possessed the ball for 42.3 percent of the game.

* FC Dallas team captain Daniel Hernandez returned to the starting lineup at midfield. Hernandez missed the two weeks with a knee injury. He had two shots on the night and committed three fouls. Hernandez also received a yellow card in the 58th minute