FC Dallas (12-5-6, 42 PTS)
LA Galaxy (12-3-9, 45 PTS)
FOX Sports Southwest Plus and kickoff is set for 9:30 p.m.
The battle for first place in the West. The clubs are separated by just three points and FC Dallas has two games in hand. The Galaxy are coming off a two-game Pacific road trip, concluded with a crash in a 3-0 loss at Portland at midweek. FC Dallas are back in league action following a home win against Chivas USA last weekend and advancement in the CONCACAF Champions League at midweek.
REFEREE: Michael Kennedy.
MLS Career: 135 games; FC/gm: 28.9; Y/gm: 3.8; R: 24; pens: 47
SAR (bench): Adam Wienckowski;
JAR (opposite): Jason Cullum;
4th: Mark Declouet
LA GALAXY –
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); GK Donovan Ricketts (L ulna fracture);
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chad Barrett (R knee sprain); MF David Beckham (back spasms); MF Jovan Kirovski (L ankle sprain);
PROBABLE: DF Omar Gonzalez (nose fracture)
FC DALLAS –
OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle); FW Maykel Galindo (R hamstring strain);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Andrew Jacobson (L knee - Did not travel)
PROBABLE: MF Brek Shea (illness)
DAL: Fabian Castillo (Colombia U-20)
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD:
DAL: Daniel Hernandez, Andrew Jacobson
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS:
LA: Landon Donovan
DAL: Ugo Ihemelu, George John, Zach Loyd, Brek Shea
ALL-TIME (53 meetings):
Galaxy 25 wins (1 shootout), 95 goals …
FC Dallas 19 wins (1 shootout), 74 goals …
AT LA (27 meetings):
Galaxy 18 wins (1 shootout), 54 goals …
FC Dallas 5 wins (1 shootout), 27 goals …
- Brek Shea scored a dramatic winner two minutes from full time on May 1 in the first meeting between the clubs on a wild night at Pizza Hut Park.
- The Galaxy won both league meetings between the clubs last year, winning 1-0 in Frisco and 2-1 in Carson, but FC Dallas defeated the Galaxy 3-0 in the Western Conference Championship at The Home Depot Center.
- The Galaxy’s win at The Home Depot Center in the regular season finale was their first home win against FC Dallas since 2007.
- The two teams exploded for goals at the home of the other in consecutive seasons. In 2009, FC Dallas won 6-3 at The Home Depot Center – the most goals allowed in a single game in Galaxy history. But in 2008, the Galaxy won 5-1 at Pizza Hut Park (and that followed a 6-3 Galaxy win in SuperLiga in 2007).
Bruce Arena v DAL: P17 W8 L7 D2 …
Schellas Hyndman vs. LA: P7 W3 L2 D2
LAST MEETING (MLS)
5/1: DAL 2, LA 1 (Castillo 47, Shea 88 – Donovan 52)
- FCD took the lead two minutes after the second-half restart. Andrew Jacobson flicked a Jackson throw-in to Fabian Castillo on the second attempt and the Colombian forward scooped his effort over LA 'keeper Donovan Ricketts and inside the far post for his first MLS goal.
- Landon Donovan replied five minutes later to draw the Galaxy level. Juninho played a cutting ball toward the back post, and both Donovan and Zach Loyd crashed toward the goalframe, but Donovan looked to get in the final touch as he slid behind Loyd before banging into the woodwork.
- The match was delayed for an hour with just a few minutes of regulation time remaining after lightning rolled in.
FCD struck quickly after the game restarted. Brek Shea sent a curling cross from the left that floated over Ricketts and into the far side of the net for the 88th-minute winner.