Match day info: FC Dallas at New England Revolution
New England Revolution
kick off is at 6:30 p.m. CT
and can be seen on MatchDay Live or DirectKick.
If you don't subscribe to MatchDay or DirectKick, visit FCDallas.com/Pubs to find an FC Dallas Budweiser Pub Partner.
REFEREE: Baldomero Toledo.
MLS Career: 118 games; FC/gm: 24.9; Y/gm: 3.6; R: 46; pens: 47
SAR (bench): Fabio Tovar;
JAR (opposite): Ian Anderson;
4th: Jose Carlos Rivero
NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION – OUT: MF Stephen McCarthy (L shoulder subluxation); MF Sainey Nyassi (R knee MCL sprain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Otto Loewy (L groin pain) ...
FC DALLAS – OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle); FW Fabian Castillo (pelvis); MF Bruno Guarda (L ankle)
(ed note: Marvin Chavez injured his ankle playing for Honduras after the official injury report was released and maybe questionable at this point.)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
SUSPENDED: DAL: Ugo Ihemelu (caution accumulation; through Sept. 10)
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: NE: Pat Phelan ... DAL: Daniel Hernandez, George John, Andrew Jacobson, Brek Shea
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: NE: Milton Caraglio, Ryan Cochrane, Franco Coria, Shalrie Joseph, Rajko Lekic, Kenny Mansally, Stephen McCarthy ... DAL: Marvin Chavez, Jeremy Hall, Zach Loyd
ALL-TIME (36 meetings): Revolution 22 wins (1 shootout), 63 goals... FC Dallas 11 wins (1 shootout), 46 goals...Ties 3
AT NEW ENGLAND (17 meetings): Revolution 11 wins (1 shootout), 35 goals ... FC Dallas 5 wins (1 shootout), 24 goals ... Ties 1
- In the first meeting between the teams, Marvin Chavez scored the game's lone goal in the 69th minute as FC Dallas won June 4 at Pizza Hut Park.
- The win in the first meeting was just the second FC Dallas win all-time in seven games vs. the Revolution at Pizza Hut Park, and the first since 2006.
- FC Dallas last won in New England in 2003, a 2-1 win on July 16. The Revolution had won six consecutive home games vs. FCD before last year's 1-1 draw in Foxborough.
Steve Nicol vs. DAL: P20 W13 L5 D2 ...
Schellas Hyndman vs. NE: P5 W2 L1 D2
LAST MEETING (MLS)
6/4: DAL 1, NE 0 (Chavez 69)
- The game's lone goal came in the 69th minute. Marvin Chavez rounded his defender after a run down the right flank and cut toward the near post. He slotted a low shot from a narrow angle that beat Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis on the short side.
- FCD goalkeeper Kevin Hartman recorded his MLS-record 100th career shutout, stopping two shots in the process.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis reflect on Adnan Januzaj's meteoric rise from Dallas Cup participant in April to Manchester United's savior in October before moving on to discuss DC United's victory over Real Salt Lake in the U.S. Open Cup final.
Play Podcast Steve Davis welcomes Marc Stein back to the studio from his European travels just in time to discuss the miserable weekend in the Premiership for both Manchester clubs.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis discuss the big City v United game and Stein's trip to West Brom for the Paolo Di Canio show.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis cover all the ins and outs of the United States' comprehensive victory over Mexico that clinched a seventh straight trip to the World Cup.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis look ahead to Tuesday night's big USA vs. Mexico showdown.
Play Podcast Pedro Pinto analyzes the Champions League draw, and Rodney Marsh discusses Liverpool's flying start.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis discuss Clint Dempsey's home debut and the weekend's marquee match in MLS: Seattle vs. Portland.
Play Podcast Broadcasting live from FC Dallas Stadium, Marc Stein and Steve Davis reflect on the absolute footy feast that was Saturday's TV bonanza featuring seven live games from the Premiership followed by a full MLS slate.