FC Dallas (14-11-7, 49 PTS
PIZZA HUT PARK, Frisco, Texas
7:30 p.m. CT (FSSW+)
REFEREE: Alex Prus.
MLS Career: 190 games; FC/gm: 27.2; Y/gm: 3.1; R: 43; pens: 51
SAR (bench): Adam Garner;
JAR (opposite): Claudio Badea;
4th: Mark Kadlecik
FC DALLAS - OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle); MF Andrew Wiedeman (groin); GK Josh Lambo (jaw) ...
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC - OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery); DF Jonathan Leathers (R hamstring strain); GK Brian Sylvestre (L knee surgery); MF Russell Teibert (R toe laceration); PROBABLE: MF John Thorrington (L groin strain)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: DAL: Jackson Goncalves, Zach Loyd ... VAN: Jeb Brovsky, Jordan Harvey
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DAL: Marvin Chavez, Ugo Ihemelu, Jeremy Hall, Andrew Jacobson, George John ... VAN: Michael Boxall, Jay DeMerit, Eric Hassli, Gershon Koffie, Jonathan Leathers, Alain Rochat
ALL-TIME (1 meeting):
FC Dallas 1 win, 2 goals ...
Whitecaps FC 0 wins, 1 goal ...
The clubs first met on April 23 at Empire Field in Vancouver. A late strike from Eric Avila snapped a 1-1 tie to give FC Dallas an emotional victory.
Schellas Hyndman vs. VAN: P1 W1 L0 T0 ...
Tom Soehn v DAL: P6 W2 L1 T3
- With the victory, last year's MLS Cup finalists secured their berth for this year's postseason, and also moved to within two points of Real Salt Lake for third place in the Western Conference and avoiding a wild-card contest.
- The victory came after a month of September where FC Dallas lost three times in league play and suffered two losses and a draw in the CONCACAF Champions League, then suffered another league loss on the first day of October.
- Jackson's goal snapped the FCD goalless streak at 401 minutes, 31 minutes longer than the club record set in 2003 and a full half longer than the season-high set by Toronto FC from June 29-July 23.
- After playing 45 minutes for the USA in a friendly against Ecuador on Tuesday, Brek Shea was held out of the starting lineup, but brought on as a substitute for the final half-hour.
- After eight consecutive starts in league matches, Maicon Santos was kept on the substitutes' bench. Jackson started up, where he's started for many of the club's CONCACAF Champions League games.
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC NEWS
- Whitecaps FC have put together back-to-back wins for the first time in the club's inaugural season in Major League Soccer, covering all competitions.
- Long Tan, who became Major League Soccer's first-ever Chinese-born player earlier this season, became its first-ever Chinese goalscorer with his goal to open the second half.
- It was just the second time in league history that a team had conceded goals in the opening minute of each half, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The first time happened all the way back in the league's inaugural season, when United got goals from Steve Rammel (0:56) and Raul Diaz Arce (46) in a 3-1 win against New England, June 30, 1996.
Whitecaps FC interim head coach Tom Soehn made no changes to his team after the win against Real Salt Lake - and indicated it's likely to be an unchanged lineup in Dallas.
- With the victory, Whitecaps FC also moved ahead of the New England Revolution out of last place in the MLS overall table by one point.
- The trip to Dallas will be the final road game of the season for Whitecaps FC, as they try to win away from home for the first time this season. They are trying to avoid becoming the fourth club to go through a season without a road victory, joining the LA Galaxy in 2003 (0-9-6), Real Salt Lake in 2005 (0-14-2) and New York in 2009 (0-13-2). Vancouver is 0-11-5 outside of British Columbia.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis reflect on Adnan Januzaj's meteoric rise from Dallas Cup participant in April to Manchester United's savior in October before moving on to discuss DC United's victory over Real Salt Lake in the U.S. Open Cup final.
Play Podcast Steve Davis welcomes Marc Stein back to the studio from his European travels just in time to discuss the miserable weekend in the Premiership for both Manchester clubs.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis discuss the big City v United game and Stein's trip to West Brom for the Paolo Di Canio show.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis cover all the ins and outs of the United States' comprehensive victory over Mexico that clinched a seventh straight trip to the World Cup.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis look ahead to Tuesday night's big USA vs. Mexico showdown.
Play Podcast Pedro Pinto analyzes the Champions League draw, and Rodney Marsh discusses Liverpool's flying start.
Play Podcast Marc Stein and Steve Davis discuss Clint Dempsey's home debut and the weekend's marquee match in MLS: Seattle vs. Portland.
Play Podcast Broadcasting live from FC Dallas Stadium, Marc Stein and Steve Davis reflect on the absolute footy feast that was Saturday's TV bonanza featuring seven live games from the Premiership followed by a full MLS slate.