COLORADO RAPIDS vs FC DALLAS
FC DALLAS STADIUM, Frisco, Texas
May 6, 2012
6 p.m. CT (Galavision; FS-SW;)
REFEREE: Mark Geiger.
MLS Career: 93 games; FC/gm: 26.4; Y/gm: 3.7; R: 18; pens: 31
SAR (bench): Steven Taylor;
JAR (opposite): James Conlee;
4th: Armando Villarreal
- FC DALLAS - OUT: MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF Andrew Wiedeman (sports hernia repair); MF Carlos Rodriguez (L elbow dislocation); MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); PROBABLE: GK Kevin Hartman (lower back spasms)
- COLORADO RAPIDS - OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); MF Ross LaBauex (sports hernia); DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Jamie Smith (R knee ACL tear); PROBABLE: FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS:
DAL: Jair Benitez ...
COL: Jeff Larentowicz
ALL-TIME (53 meetings):
FC Dallas 25 wins (2 shootout), 87 goals ...
Rapids 18 wins (1 shootout), 64 goals ...
AT DALLAS (27 meetings):
FC Dallas 18 wins (2 shootout), 52 goals ...
Rapids 5 wins (1 shootout), 26 goals ...
7/14: Colorado Rapids vs. FC Dallas, 7 p.m. MT;
8/11: FC Dallas vs. Colorado Rapids, 8 p.m. CT
LAST YEAR (MLS):
4/8: DAL 3, COL 0 (Ihemelu 26; Ferreira 40, 46)
10/1: COL 1, DAL 0 (Moor 26)
- Each team won at home in their two meetings last year, the first two after Colorado's extra-time triumph in MLS Cup 2010 in Toronto.
- The last win for Colorado at Dallas came in 2008, while the last win for Dallas at Colorado came in 2007. But both teams won on the road in a fractious Western Conference Semifinal Series in 2006.
Schellas Hyndman vs. COL: P9 W2 L3 D4 ...
Oscar Pareja vs. DAL: first game
FC DALLAS TEAM NEWS
- FC Dallas took their first point on the road at LA, though they nearly pulled off a road victory. They have back-to-back games at FC Dallas Stadium before going on the road for four of the next five.
- Brek Shea has scored in each of the last two games - both goals coming on penalty kicks. He has scored the last three goals for FC Dallas.
- Shea took the penalty despite noticeably limping. He was taken off after 76 minutes in favor of Hernan Pertuz.
- Chris Seitz has started three consecutive games in goal in place of Kevin Hartman - the league's all-time career goalkeeping win leader - who has been sidelined with back spasms. FCD has allowed one goal in each of the three games.
- After missing back-to-back matches, Andrew Jacobson was able to return to the first XI, starting and playing 82 minutes. But during the week, FC Dallas lost Bobby Warshaw when he suffered a fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his right foot in a reserve match.
COLORADO RAPIDS TEAM NEWS
- The Rapids have lost four of their last five games - three of those on the road - and have allowed two goals in three of them as well.
-The Rapids uncorked a season-high 19 attempts at goal, putting seven on target.
- Jaime Castillon scored his second goal in MLS - his first came in the Rapids' second game, the 2-1 win at Philadelphia.
- Martin Rivero collected an assist for a second consecutive game, and now has three assists in five appearances since coming to Colorado.
- The Rapids were forced into one change in their back four the day before the match when center back Marvell Wynne suffered a hamstring strain in a training session at Gillette Stadium.
- Hunter Freeman made his first start for the Rapids since his first stint with the club ended in 2006, coming in for Kosuke Kimura at right back, who had started the first eight games.
- Conor Casey did not make the trip to New England, remaining behind to continue his comeback from injury.