|ESPN.com: Dallas Soccer||[Print without images]|
- Brek Shea scored a dramatic winner two minutes from full time on May 1 in the first meeting between the clubs on a wild night at Pizza Hut Park.
- The Galaxy won both league meetings between the clubs last year, winning 1-0 in Frisco and 2-1 in Carson, but FC Dallas defeated the Galaxy 3-0 in the Western Conference Championship at The Home Depot Center.
- The Galaxy’s win at The Home Depot Center in the regular season finale was their first home win against FC Dallas since 2007.
- The two teams exploded for goals at the home of the other in consecutive seasons. In 2009, FC Dallas won 6-3 at The Home Depot Center – the most goals allowed in a single game in Galaxy history. But in 2008, the Galaxy won 5-1 at Pizza Hut Park (and that followed a 6-3 Galaxy win in SuperLiga in 2007).
Bruce Arena v DAL: P17 W8 L7 D2 …
Schellas Hyndman vs. LA: P7 W3 L2 D2
LAST MEETING (MLS)
5/1: DAL 2, LA 1 (Castillo 47, Shea 88 – Donovan 52)
- FCD took the lead two minutes after the second-half restart. Andrew Jacobson flicked a Jackson throw-in to Fabian Castillo on the second attempt and the Colombian forward scooped his effort over LA 'keeper Donovan Ricketts and inside the far post for his first MLS goal.
- Landon Donovan replied five minutes later to draw the Galaxy level. Juninho played a cutting ball toward the back post, and both Donovan and Zach Loyd crashed toward the goalframe, but Donovan looked to get in the final touch as he slid behind Loyd before banging into the woodwork.
- The match was delayed for an hour with just a few minutes of regulation time remaining after lightning rolled in.
FCD struck quickly after the game restarted. Brek Shea sent a curling cross from the left that floated over Ricketts and into the far side of the net for the 88th-minute winner.