|ESPN.com: Dallas Soccer||[Print without images]|
ALL-TIME (45 meetings):
Sporting 19 wins (2 shootout), 64 goals...
FC Dallas 18 wins (1 shootout), 73 goals...
AT KC (22 meetings):
Sporting 10 wins (2 shootout), 39 goals...
FC Dallas 7 wins (1 shootout), 29 goals...
- Graham Zusi scored a pair of goals for the first time this season as Sporting exploded for a 4-1 victory against FC Dallas on June 12 at Pizza Hut Park in the first meeting this season.
- It was Kansas City's first win at Pizza Hut Park since 2007. FCD has won the last two home meetings by shutout, including a 6-0 victory in 2009.
- FC Dallas has come away with points on three of their last four trips to Kansas City, with two wins and a draw since 2007.
Peter Vermes vs. DAL: P4 W2 L2 D0...
Schellas Hyndman vs. KC: P7 W3 L2 D2
6/12: DAL 1, KC 4 (Shea 32—Zusi 28, 55; Collin 49; Sassano 78)
- Sporting took the lead after 28 minutes when Graham Zusi fired a low shot from just outside the left corner of the box that beat Kevin Hartman inside the far post. But Brek Shea pulled FCD level just four minutes later, setting off on a powerful dribbling run through four SKC defenders before slotting home from inside the area.
- Yet Sporting exploded after the break. A long corner from Zusi was volleyed back into the mixer by C.J. Sapong, and Aurelien Collin swooped in to turn it home in the 49th minute. Zusi then made it 3-1 on a remarkable free kick from just short of the center circle, which dipped and dove as it sailed over Hartman's head.
- SKC were reduced to 10 men when Milos Stojcev was shown a second yellow card, but it was the visitors who completed the scoring when Luke Sassano ran onto a high ball out of midfield and looped it over Hartman as he came rushing off his line.