|ESPN.com: Dallas Soccer||[Print without images]|
LAST MEETING (MLS)
3/26: DAL 0, SJ 2 (Wondolowski 5, 23)
- In the fifth minute, Chris Wondolowski opened his 2011 account after chesting down a Chris Leitch pass just inside the Dallas 18-yard box. He spun to his left and hit a side-winding volley past a diving Kevin Hartman.
- Wondolowski completed his double in the 23rd minute. A half-cleared ball into the box fell to Joey Gjertsen on the left edge of the area. Gjertsen then floated another cross to the 2010 MLS Golden Boot winner, who had no trouble flicking a header past Hartman.
SAN JOSE TEAM NEWS
- The loss in Seattle put an end to a four-game unbeaten run, which featured three draws before the victory in New England.
- If was the fourth loss of the season for the Earthquakes after scoring the opening goal, the most in MLS this year.
- Chris Wondolowski enters the final week tied for D.C. United's Dwayne De Rosario for the MLS Golden Boot. Wondolowski has scored seven goals in the last eight games, after scoring in San Jose's 2-1 loss in Seattle. A year ago, he scored 10 goals over the final eight games of the season to win the Golden Boot, finishing with 18 goals.
- Wondolowski has scored each of the last five goals the Earthquakes have scored, over the last four games.
- No player in MLS history has won the goalscoring title outright in back-to-back seasons; in 2003, Carlos Ruiz tied for the overall lead with Taylor Twellman after winning the honor in 2002, and Stern John finished in a three-way tie in 1999 after scoring the most goals in 1998. If two players are tied, the winner of the Golden Boot is the player with more assists (De Rosario has 12; Wondolowski has three).
- Bobby Convey says he won't return to San Jose next season.
FC DALLAS TEAM NEWS
- FC Dallas put an end to a three-game league losing streak at Pizza Hut Park in the win against Vancouver. Earlier in the week, they put an end to a four-game losing streak overall in a 2-1 win at Chicago.
- FC Dallas have 52 points on the season, tied for the most points in a season in club history, also achieved in 2006.
- Brek Shea scored his 11th goal of the season of the season, his first since Aug. 13, and also added his fourth assist of the season. - - He recorded a goal and an assist in the same game for a second time, also doing it on April 17 vs.Portland.
- If FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake finish tied for third in the Western Conference, RSL will advance ahead of FCD after their win and draw in the two matches between the teams this season, and FC Dallas will face a wild card game at midweek.
- On Tuesday, FC Dallas were dumped out of the 2011/12 CONCACAF Champions League after a 3-0 loss to Toronto FC at Pizza Hut Park.