Saturday, April 14, 2012
Match day info: Montreal Impact at FC Dallas MONTREAL IMPACT vs FC DALLAS FC DALLAS STADIUM, Frisco, Texas
April 14, 2012
7:30 p.m. CT (Fox Sports Southwest Plus)
FC Dallas would like to hear from you. Take this quick survey and you could win a trip for two to the 2012 Major League Soccer (MLS) All-Star Game vs. Chelsea Football Club or elect to receive MLS Live FREE for two months. Click here to take the survey: http://bit.ly/Icictz
Gates open at 6:00 p.m. on the North Concourse featuring the Ben E. Keith 1,000 pound smoker, music from DJ Jake Salem, street tacos, and much more.
MARK FOLLOWILL SCARFING
FC Dallas' newest play-by-play commentator Mark Followill will scarf the Lamar Hunt statue during pregame on the North Concourse.
EARTH DAY BAGS
The FC Dallas Foundation will be selling Earth Day totes ($20) and zipper pouches ($15) at tonight's match vs. Montreal Impact. The recycled bags were made from 2011 FC Dallas Playoff banners. There will also be an auction for Kevin Hartman and Brek Shea signed bags.
REFEREE: Ramon Hernandez.
MLS Career: 32 games; FC/gm: 28.4; Y/gm: 4.4; R: 7; pens: 7
SAR (bench): Chris Strickland;
JAR (opposite): Claudio Badea;
4th: Ismail Elfath
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: MTL: Sanna Nyassi
ALL-TIME: First meeting.
- This is the only league meeting between the teams this season.
- Coaches record:
Schellas Hyndman vs. MTL: first game ...
Jesse Marsch vs. DAL: first game
BUDWEISER MAN OF THE MATCH
Make sure you text in your vote during the game for tonight's Budweiser Man of the Match! Text FCD to 678678 and cast your vote to receive a special offer from one of our Budweiser Pub Partners!
FC DALLAS NEWS
FC Dallas left it late, but scored a dramatic winner to put an end to their two-game losing streak in a 1-0 win against the New England Revolution on Thursday evening at FC Dallas Stadium. FCD is tied for fifth place in the Western Conference with 7 points from 5 matches.
- Ugo Ihemelu's goal five minutes into second-half stoppage time was the second-latest goal scored in FCD club history. On May 25, 2002, Chad Deering scored nine minutes added time to give Dallas a dramatic 1-1 draw with Columbus.
- In the first 4-1/2 years of his MLS career, with LA and Colorado, Ihemelu scored one goal in 118 appearances. He now has five goals in 63 appearances since joining FC Dallas midway through the 2009 season.
- Striker Fabian Castillo was able to return to the lineup for the first time since being forced out of the opening match after just 31 minutes with a knee contusion. Castillo was partnered with Blas Perez in attack as Hyndman went with a twin-striker scheme, after Perez had played as a lone striker for the most part in FCD's opening four matches.
- FCD was forced into a change in central defense when George John took a ball to the face in the 71st minute. John was making his second start in three matches. In his place, rookie Matt Hedges was given his professional debut.
- FC Dallas was also forced into a change just after the hour mark when Ricardo Villar couldn't continue and was replaced by Bobby Warshaw. "He twisted his foot. We'll get an X-ray on it and see how he is," said Hyndman.
MONTREAL IMPACT NEWS
The Montreal Impact won their first-ever game in Major League Soccer, returning home for a 2-1 triumph against arch-rival Toronto FC on Saturday afternoon at Olympic Stadium. The Impact are tied for seventh place in the Eastern Conference with 4 points from 6 matches.
- For a second consecutive match, Marsch made five changes to his team. Justin Mapp and Davy Arnaud each did not start for the first time this season.
- It was the first time in three weeks where the Impact will have two games in quick succession. Following the trip to Dallas, the Impact will play at D.C. United on Wednesday.
- Sinisa Ubiparipovic made his first appearance of the season after suffering an injury to the MCL in his knee during preseason. It was his first appearance in an MLS game since Sept. 4, 2010, when he was playing for the New York Red Bulls.
- Andrew Wenger, the No. 1 overall selection in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft, made his fifth appearance as a substitute this season and scored the eventual winning goal. Wenger is still completing his degree at Duke University.