DALLAS -- That was not the way the Stars wanted to start a stretch of 16 games in March. Some thoughts:
* The Kings were faster and, it appeared, the more hungry team for most of the game. The Stars had some energy, but just couldn't keep up with Los Angeles, especially in the offensive zone.
* The Stars did not do enough in front of goalie Marty Turco. The Kings had too many close-in looks without anyone getting physical and helping Turco out.
* Turco, though, might have made a few of those saves during that phenomenal six-game stretch last month. And to make things even more disappointing, Anze Kopitar scored from the point on the power play with about five seconds left.
* Drew Doughty and Alexander Frolov were sure fun to watch. And the Kings certainly have a goalie in Jonathan Quick.
* Mike Ribeiro and Brenden Morrow played together in the third period and looked good. Morrow was getting to the net and had a few chances in front, but couldn't get anything past Quick. Ribeiro had a nice highlight goal.
* If there was one player in particular that played well from start to finish, it's probably Jere Lehtinen