Monday, October 18, 2010
By Mark Stepneski
Game summary: Tampa Bay 5, Dallas 4
The Dallas Stars lost 5-4 at Tampa Bay Monday night, snapping their four-game winning streak. The Stars were outshot 44-19 and gave up four power play goals on five shorthanded opportunities. Kari Lehtonen made 39 saves for the Stars. Toby Petersen, Adam Burish, Brenden Morrow and James Neal scored goals for the Stars.
- The Stars were outshot 44-19 Monday night and have been outshot 190-109 in their first five games.
- The Stars have given up 40 shots or more in three of their first five games.
- The Stars 109 shots in five games works out to an average of 21.8 per game, the lowest in the league.
- The Stars were 1-5 on the penalty kill Monday night and are 6-14 (42.9%) in penalty killing on the road so far this season.
- The Stars are 15-25 (60.0%) overall on the penalty so far this season.
- The Stars were 0-5 on the power play in the game and are 2-20 on the season.
- Brad Richards ran his points streak to six games (2 goals, 8 assists) by assisting on a goal by James Neal.
- Stephane Robidas was a plus-three in a game.
- Brian Sutherby was on the only Dallas play with a minus rating. He was a minus-one.
- The Stars won 29 of 66 (44%) faceoffs in the game.
Scratches: Barch, Woywitka
Injured: Benn (concussion-like symptoms)
Power play units
Penalty kill units