Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Dallas Stars Prospects: Notes and Stats
By Mark Stepneski
Here are some notes and the latest statistics on Dallas Stars prospects playing in juniors, college and Europe.
Right wing Reilly Smith (Miami University), who had two goals and three assists in two games over the weekend, was named the CCHA Offensive Player of the Week.
Smith now has seven goals, four assists and a plus-11 rating in seven games for the RedHawks. The line of left wing Andy Miele, center Carter Camper, and Smith have combined for 50 points (20 goals, 30 assists) for Miami, which is currently the top-ranked team in the nation.
Smith, a sophomore, was the Stars’ 3rd round pick (69th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Some other prospect notes:
- Goaltender Jack Campbell is on a roll for the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL. He won all three of his starts over the past week, posting a 2.33 goals against average and .925 save percentage. Campbell has now won his last four starts and has a 2.00 goals against average and .935 save percentage during that stretch. For the season Campbell is 6-5-0 with a 3.81 GAA and .882 save percentage.
- F Scott Glennie picked up six assists in his last three games for the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League.
- Defenseman John Klingberg is currently touring the United States with Sweden’s Under-20 team, which is playing a series of games against college teams. Klingberg has picked up one assist in each of Sweden’s two games so far, a victory over Harvard and a loss to Merrimack. The Swedes have games left against Williams College and Massachusetts.
- D Alex Theriau (Everett/WHL) returned after missing about one week with a groin injury.
- F Scott Winkler (Colorado College) has been out with an undisclosed injury.