Saturday, November 6, 2010
By Mark Stepneski
Game summary: Colorado 5, Dallas 0
The Dallas Stars saw a three-game winning streak come to an end with a 5-0 loss at Colorado Saturday. Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj stopped 31 shots for his eighth career shutout. Andrew Raycroft stopped 40 of 45 shots for the Stars, who fell to 8-5-0 on the season. The Stars play next on Thursday, taking on the Kings in Los Angeles.
- The Stars have lost six of their last seven games (1-6-0) in Denver.
- The Stars were shutout for the second time this season.
- The Stars were outshot 45-31, including 20-8 in the final period.
- The Stars were 0-3 on the power play in the game.
- The Stars were 2-2 on the penalty kill and are 22-25 on the PK over the last 8 games.
- The Stars won 20 of 52 faceoffs.
- Mike Ribeiro was 1-15 on faceoffs in the game.
- Forward Tom Wandell was the only Dallas player to have an even rating in the game.
- Loui Eriksson and Brad Richards had five-game points streaks come to an end.
Scratches: Barch, Fistric
Power play units
Penalty kill units