Monday, November 8, 2010
Dallas Stars Prospects: Notes and Stats
By Mark Stepneski
Here are some notes and the latest statistics on Dallas Stars prospects playing in juniors, college and Europe.
Right wing Alex Chiasson has picked up points in five of the six games he has played for Boston University this season.
Chiasson, the Stars’ second round pick (38th overall) in 2009, had a three-game goal scoring streak end in a 2-2 tie with Maine on Saturday, but he did pick up an assist to run his points streak to four games.
Chiasson has 3 goals, 4 assists and a plus-3 rating in six games Boston University, which is currently the No.1 ranked team in the nation.
While the 20-year-old Chiasson is putting up some good offensive numbers and is tied for fifth on the team in points, he is playing on what is considered Boston University’s best defensive line as well.
Some other prospect notes:
- Goaltender Jack Campbell, the Stars first round pick (11th overall) in 2010, signed an entry-level contract with Dallas last week. Campbell (Windsor/OHL) is 6-6-0 with a 3.82 goals against average and. 882 save percentage so far this season.
- Forward Scott Glennie, the Stars’ first round pick (8th overall) in 2009, put together a five-game points streak where he had nine assists. The streak ended over the weekend. Glennie has 17 points (2 goals, 15 assists) in 18 games for Brandon of the WHL.
- Defenseman John Klingberg ended up with 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists) in 4 games for Sweden’s Under-20 team, which played four exhibition games against U.S. colleges. Klingberg had a goal and an assist in an 8-2 win over Williams College on Friday. Sweden lost its final game, falling 5-1 to the University of Massachusetts on Saturday.
- Defenseman Jace Coyle is listed as day-to-day with a knee injury for Medicine Hat of the WHL.
- Forward Scott Winkler remains out with an injury for Colorado College.