Wednesday, November 24, 2010
By Mark Stepneski
Dallas Stars at Ottawa Senators
Wednesday November 24
TV: Fox Sports Southwest
About the Stars
The Stars (10-8-1) are coming off a 4-1 loss in Toronto on Monday. It was their fourth straight loss on the road and dropped them to 3-5-0 away from home this season.
"I thought we would have a little bit more energy than we did, but we didn't,” said Stars coach Marc Crawford. “The only consolation is the whole group didn't and there isn't one guy that can be satisfied with this game and that's coaches included. We're disappointed as well. We talked about the right things. We thought our preparation was good, but obviously we've got to look again and make sure we get ready for the next game in Ottawa."
Andrew Raycroft will start in goal on Wednesday. It will be his third start of the season.
The Stars recalled defenseman Severin Blindenbacher from Texas (AHL) on Tuesday.
Injuries: D Mark Fistric (groin) is questionable.
About the Senators
The Senators snapped a three-game losing streak with a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Kings in Ottawa Monday night.
“We’ll take it, we’ll build on it and they’re a good team and it’s something to move forward with,” Senators coach Cory Clouston said.
Alex Kovalev picked up his 1,000th point in the game and goaltender Pascal Leclaire registered his first win of the season.
Injuries: F Chris Neil (upper body) is probable.
- This is the first and only meeting between the two teams.
- The Stars won last season’s only meeting, beating the Senators 5-4 in Dallas.
- The Stars are 2-4-1 in their last seven games overall and have been outscored 24-14.
- The Stars have been outscored 16-4 in their last four road games.
- The Senators have allowed 5 goals or more in four of their last six games.
- The Stars are 1-27 on the power play in road games.
- The Senators have allowed 6 power play goals over the last four games and are 17-23 on the power play during that stretch.
- Ottawa is 2-15 on the power play over the last six games.
- Stars center Brad Richards has 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists) in the last 5 games.