Monday, November 29, 2010
By Mark Stepneski
Game summary: Dallas 4, Carolina 1
The Dallas Stars won their fourth straight game, topping the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 in Raleigh Monday night. James Neal scored two goals, Jamie Benn had one goal and one assist and Steve Ott scored as well. Kari Lehtonen made 27 saves. The Stars are 14-8-1 on the season and are in first place in the Pacific Division.
- The Stars have now four games in a row for the second time this season.
- The Stars have won three straight on the road, allowing just one goal in each of the three wins.
- Kari Lehtonen has stopped 87 of 91 (.956 save percentage) over his last three games.
- Jamie Benn has scored goals in three consecutive games and has 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) during that stretch.
- James Neal scored two goals in a game for the second time this season. He had two in the Stars’ 5-4 win over San Jose on November 18.
- Neal led the Stars with six shots on goal.
- The Stars outshot Carolina 33-28.
- The Stars were 4-4 on the penalty kill and are 10-10 on the PK over the last five games.
- The Stars won 35 of 68 faceoffs Monday night.
- Brad Richards won 15 of 22 draws in the game.
- The Stars improved to 7-2-0 against Eastern Conference teams this season.
- The Stars won at Carolina for the first time since the 2003-04 season.
- Lehtonen won in Carolina for the first time since January 13, 2007.
Injured: Fistric (groin), Barch (foot)
Power play units
Penalty kill units